cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update: Approved] Chase Sapphire Preferred Odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

[Update: Approved] Chase Sapphire Preferred Odds?

I’m about to enter the garden for a little while, but the CSP is one last card I wanna get before doing so. I’ve been doing a little research on it myself, but nothing concrete about approvals (or denials) for those fitting where I stand and I’m hoping maybe someone can inform me a bit more and help me decide if I’d be good to take the chance or wait it out.

Cards:
BofA BBR: $287/$5,000 (Jan 1st 2014)
Cap1 QS1: $0/$3,500 (April 1st 2018)
Discover IT: $930/$6,500 (September of 2018)
Amex BCE (NOT REPORTED YET): $60/$1,000 (November of 2018)
Income: 36k
No baddies
I believe I haven’t hit the 5/24 rule yet, but don’t know if loans count too. I have one by affirm that’s over a year old, but it’s been paid off for a few months now, is currently closed and is only reported to experian. The other one is a self lender account that is currently still active.

Credit score is in the 700’s across all 3 bureaus.

I tried the pre-qualify link, but didn’t get any offers yet.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Odds?

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m about to enter the garden for a little while, but the CSP is one last card I wanna get before doing so. I’ve been doing a little research on it myself, but nothing concrete about approvals (or denials) for those fitting where I stand and I’m hoping maybe someone can inform me a bit more and help me decide if I’d be good to take the chance or wait it out.

Cards:
BofA BBR: $287/$5,000 (Jan 1st 2014)
Cap1 QS1: $0/$3,500 (April 1st 2018)
Discover IT: $930/$5,000 (September of 2018)
Amex BCE (NOT REPORTED YET): $60/$1,000 (November of 2018)
Income: 36k
No baddies
I believe I haven’t hit the 5/24 rule yet, but don’t know if loans count too. I have one by affirm that’s over a year old, but it’s been paid off for a few months now, is currently closed and is only reported to experian. The other one is a self lender account that is currently still active.

Credit score is in the 700’s across all 3 bureaus.

I tried the pre-qualify link, but didn’t get any offers yet.

I think you have a decent chance providing you apply before BCE reports . Loans do not count 

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve heard it takes around 2-3 bill cycles before they report? I’m kinda hoping, because I’ll have to wait about a week before I apply, since I’m gonna be moving here very soon.
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP have you tried the pre-qual website?  

I think you have good chances.  I've been approved for the card and I have negative payment history still lingering on my report.  I've written a bit about my story and my approvals, maybe some things I've shared will help you evaluate?

ask away and I'll do my best to answer

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried the pre-qual site, but no offers were given, which I thought was kinda strange thinking at least the slate or freedom would pop up.

If you don’t mind answering, what was your income, score and other factors at when you got approved? While I don’t feel like I don’t have a shot, I’m still quite hesitant on applying just because I don’t fully know how easy/hard it is to get this card.
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DW didn’t hit on any prequals. She still got instant approval on two of their cards. Total exposure close to $27k.
Message 6 of 26
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

they dont need the amex to report, they can see your hardpull.  I would wait a year, why get denied or a low limit on a travel card, makes no sense to me but 31 flavors.  I would vote for a denial but there is only one way to know.

Message 7 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Why would he get denied?
Message 8 of 26
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
Why would he get denied?

a gusss which is all one can ever do.  3 new accounts in the past year, weak existing credit limits, low income, a hp they will see from last month. I have 8 chase cards and 6 are my daily cards.  I have helped a ton of individuals get chase accounts.  I hope I am wrong.  as I always say the only data point that matters is the one hitting the return key.

chase 6.jpg

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well depending on where chase pulls from, it may not show the Amex pull, since they only pulled from experian. From what I’ve heard, chase favors equifax, but of course I’m not certain.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.