cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update: Approved] Chase Sapphire Preferred Odds?

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Odds?

OP, we're all guessing here, but I do think you have decent odds.
With that said, it's just a HP (or two).

If you are too worried about them or looking for a guaranteed thing, it will be a while lol

Give it a shot and see what they have to say
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I’ll give it a shot here in a couple days when I’m settled in my new place. Either way I’ll be entering the garden for a good while, so might as well see.

EDIT: Was playing around with my discover app and was pre-approved for a $1,500 increase on my Discover card, in which I accepted (soft pull). So once that reflects on my report, which will probably be around the 25th, I’m gonna go for it, since I can at least show I’m eligible for a line higher than their minimum by other creditors.

Will change the OP to reflect the new limit.
Message 12 of 26
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well depending on where chase pulls from, it may not show the Amex pull, since they only pulled from experian. From what I’ve heard, chase favors equifax, but of course I’m not certain.

@I am in 90210 and every chase app I have done has pulled ex.  they have also softed the other 2 @ the same time as well, so there is that.  its comes down to getting a card and getting a card with utility, again I cannot see the merit of getting a low starting limit on a card.  happy trails

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don’t mind answering, what was your income, score and other factors at when you got approved? While I don’t feel like I don’t have a shot, I’m still quite hesitant on applying just because I don’t fully know how easy/hard it is to get this card.

I was approved for Sapphire Preferred last month

Experian 698 - fraud alert

Transunion 718

8/24 

Income 120,000. 

Derogatory 120 days late.

Time since late 4 years+

AoOA 17 years +

AoYA 1 month

AAoA 8 years

12 open accounts

28 total accounts  

1 open installment loan - student - 25% paid

Total available credit - $40k+ (not including charge card)

aggregate utilization - 8.95% (not including charge card)

highest individual utilization - 38.81% - Discover $2,910.46 / $7,5000

highest open individual credit line - $7,500

lowest open individual credit line - $1,250

inquiries 24 months - 11

FYI - this was a 'green dot pre-qual'.  I had foolishly applied for this card in October and was declined for absurd/24.  The devil side shoulder is telling me I should have applied for the Reserve(also green-dot with fixed APR) but angel side shouder was telling me at the time that I wasn't sure I would get the minimum $10,000 credit line since I just got $5,600 from Chase on Freedom Unlimited and unfortunately I had not received a credit line above $8,000 thus far.  Feedback on this forum is mixed on green-dot pre-qual chances. 

ANYWAY, I even got an email invitation and since I had a fixed APR in the offers and the offers kept coming,  and since I saw the holidays coming, with lots of spend that could net a SUB and I had a European trip coming up so both devil and angel agreed it was worth applying.  This is the pre-filled application where you just confirm your income and the rest is taken care of.  I had a fraud alert on EX, Chase has previously called me after app, verified by sending text, then processed approval.  This time they pulled EX but did not call, but they also pulled TU for a double pull.  The approval was instant, I saw the $5,000 SL on the screen.  

I really am grateful for the approval.  The SL is the bare minimum for the card but I'm hoping I can continue my streak of opening cards that I pay in full.  And MAYBE I can get an auto-increase after pumping some solid spend through

tried to be thorough for you but if I missed something please just ask or PM.  I haven't figured out how to search a member's posts but if you can, just search mine, I've been making a habit of sharing my application/CLI experiences with DPs.  

Best of luck to you with your quest and applications and happy new year!

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply and congrats on getting your CSP approval! From the info you’ve given me, I think I’m gonna give it a shot and just see what happens.

And @bourgogne (can’t quote cuz on mobile)
I understand where you’re coming from, but even if I do land the bare minimum, it’d still be a card I can utilize quite well. I landed the minimum with amex, which kinda sucked, but I know I can still get the intro offer off of it and could easily build that card up overtime, same as the CSP. The whole point of getting all these cards at once is to help solidify my AAoA as I enter the garden, as I won’t be chasing any credit for a couple of years after this card. So when I do decide to pursue new credit and what not, it won’t effect me nearly as much as it would if I took my time between each card, loan, etc.
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Krux, I really really like you strategy and hope it works out for you. I just did the same thing for DW and I. We went on an App spree which is risky when we signed up wrote 2 cards with Chase. But if everything works out well. These cards can set us up for years to come!

Best wishes!
Message 16 of 26
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the reply and congrats on getting your CSP approval! From the info you’ve given me, I think I’m gonna give it a shot and just see what happens.

@Anonymous @bourgogne (can’t quote cuz on mobile)
I understand where you’re coming from, but even if I do land the bare minimum, it’d still be a card I can utilize quite well. I landed the minimum with amex, which kinda sucked, but I know I can still get the intro offer off of it and could easily build that card up overtime, same as the CSP. The whole point of getting all these cards at once is to help solidify my AAoA as I enter the garden, as I won’t be chasing any credit for a couple of years after this card. So when I do decide to pursue new credit and what not, it won’t effect me nearly as much as it would if I took my time between each card, loan, etc.

Thanks for the reply and congrats on getting your CSP approval! >> ??? no coffee, what on earth is this lol

always love to be wrong, app away and report back!

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, that first part was for the other user who replied to my question from earlier. Our WiFi is out here due to our move this coming Thursday, so I’m stuck using my phone and mobile doesn’t really let me reply or quote properly lol

But I’ll post the outcome here in the next few days when I apply for it. Worst case scenario, I waste a hard pull and garden 4 cards instead of 5.
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Krux, 

If you mentioned the upcoming move previously I apologize for missing it.  Now that I've realized you are moving soon I just want to throw a heads up your way- You will probably have to go through some additional verification procedures since you'll be changing your address(or recently done so already) and then applying for new credit.  It's not a bad thing, since many of us feel you have good chances of being approved, just don't be alarmed if you do not get an instant approval.  

I'm no expert but if I knew you were moving I would have suggested from the jump that you should apply right away so you can get the application reviewed at your current address where you likely have 2+ years of history.  m'sure you'll be fine.  Best of luck as always

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I’m unaware of the how old a thread can be before I can no longer post in it, but I did say I’d update with the end result, so forgive me if this thread is too old to bump.

So I went ahead and pulled the trigger, and I got a pending approval, which I wasn’t too shocked about considering I had just moved. Now, it just gave a very general message that it will let me know their decision as soon as possible, so is there a number that I should call to maybe expedite the decision/verify info or should I just wait it out and see what they tell me?
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.