cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update: Approved] Chase Sapphire Preferred Odds?

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Odds?

@Anonymous wrote:
So I’m unaware of the how old a thread can be before I can no longer post in it, but I did say I’d update with the end result, so forgive me if this thread is too old to bump.

So I went ahead and pulled the trigger, and I got a pending approval, which I wasn’t too shocked about considering I had just moved. Now, it just gave a very general message that it will let me know their decision as soon as possible, so is there a number that I should call to maybe expedite the decision/verify info or should I just wait it out and see what they tell me?

800-432-3117

30 day = you are still in the game, 7-10 not so much.  stay on the line, let them verify you and see if you an move the app along

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It told me in two weeks I should hear something back. I feel like I chose a bad time to apply considering it’s New Years and from what it sounds like according to a rep I spoke to afterwards, the department that handles app decisions is closed for the holidays.

She said that they don’t really do instant approvals anymore, but I find that hard to believe, considering my fiancé has been instantly approved for her Slate and Freedom Unlimited cards throughout this year. However, she didn’t sound all that pleasant and could have been just trying to get me off the phone lol

EDIT: I spoke to another rep, since I couldn’t help but feel like the other one didn’t really care to help me, and she told me there was something that needed verification. She was nice enough to give me the direct line and told me I could call them when they open back up on Wednesday, so I may still have a shot hopefully.
Message 22 of 26
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It told me in two weeks I should hear something back. I feel like I chose a bad time to apply considering it’s New Years and from what it sounds like according to a rep I spoke to afterwards, the department that handles app decisions is closed for the holidays.

She said that they don’t really do instant approvals anymore, but I find that hard to believe, considering my fiancé has been instantly approved for her Slate and Freedom Unlimited cards throughout this year. However, she didn’t sound all that pleasant and could have been just trying to get me off the phone lol

EDIT: I spoke to another rep, since I couldn’t help but feel like the other one didn’t really care to help me, and she told me there was something that needed verification. She was nice enough to give me the direct line and told me I could call them when they open back up on Wednesday, so I may still have a shot hopefully.

2 weeks = usually something simple.  congrats.  yes they still do instant approvals. 

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for info, I just got off the phone with them and yeah, they just needed to identify it was me who applied, nothing major at all.

However, it’s off to the garden I go with my new CSP card, as I was approved for 7k!! I’m definitely glad I took the chance and thanks for everyone’s input!
Message 24 of 26
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks a lot for info, I just got off the phone with them and yeah, they just needed to identify it was me who applied, nothing major at all.

However, it’s off to the garden I go with my new CSP card, as I was approved for 7k!! I’m definitely glad I took the chance and thanks for everyone’s input!

@excellent, happy for you.  $7K is not too bad @ all.  honestly I would have bet against you getting it but then again you have had a $5K boa since 2014, that is something positive for sure.  you never know until you pull the trigger.  have you done a cli on that boa?  I think its a sp now.  so you apped in 2018, so technically I have not been wrong about anything this year yet, right?  lol.  oh, inquire if you still get 5k if you add an au, you can add someone underage and just destroy the card - helping someone with their credit is a good thing.  being with chase is also a good thing, enjoy the card

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you believed in me lol but in all seriousness, I had my doubts as well and thought that even if I did get approved, it’d be the bare minimum. It wouldn’t have been terrible mind you, but I’ll definitely take the extra 2k with me to the garden. And as far as my BofA account, it was originally $900 and I bumped it to 3k after a couple of years, then 5k about 4 months back, after learning they SP for CLIs now (definitely useful while my HPs slowly drop off).

But so far so good, let the record show you’re 100% right this year so far haha and thanks again for the helpful info!
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.