Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Approved - Chase sapphire application confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Approved - Chase sapphire application confusion

I applied for the Chase Sapphire preffered card a few days ago and got the 30 day notice. Today I called and was asked a few questions to verify my identity and they wanted me to send my identification ex: drivers license etc. the lady in he phone told me it would take 1- 2 weeks to get a decision from there. However when I called I got the 7-10 business days message. Does this mean I got approved or denied. This situation is a bit weird from all of the situations I’ve read on here and I wanted to hear you alls take on the situation.

So I just recieved another call verification after sending in my paperwork yesterday and I was approved for a 5k CL! This is my first CC with a limit this high so I was a bit skeptical but it all worked out.

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase sapphire application confusion

I think that is most likely an approval, as long as they receive the information that they need.

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 2 of 5
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase sapphire application confusion

Banks normally do not spend the time to verify applications that they will not approve.

The 7-10 day chase message is well known for denials except when verification is involved then it normally ends in an approval.

Send the stuff, call back in a week to check approval status.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update: Approved - Chase sapphire application confusion

Congrats on the approval!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update: Approved - Chase sapphire application confusion

Congrats on approval , i love that card

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.