Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update-Approved: Ebates Visa preapproval odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update-Approved: Ebates Visa preapproval odds

I got a preapproval for the ebates visa in the mail, wondering how sure the preapproval is? Dip most people get it? I have mid 600 scores, only one or two collections. Would love to try, but don't want the hp if people tend to get denied even after preapproval, if that makes sense? What CBS do they pull from? Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Re: Ebates Visa preapproval odds

I got a pre-approval from them too and i have tons of inquiries on my credit so no one is at this point approving me anything lol. But i was still approved for EBates. They pull TU. Also they showed a temporary limit of 2K on approval. But today i got alert from TU that the account is posted on my credit and saw the limit is 4800...weird.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 2 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, is that score in your signature current and is it FICO? Seems to be on the low end for an Ebates CC, although anything is possible.

Most SYNCB pre-approvals tend to be solid with very few exceptions, one of those being if any significant changes have occurred since the last time they SP'd your CRs when making the pre-approved offer so results will vary.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
OP, is that score in your signature current and is it FICO? Seems to be on the low end for an Ebates CC, although anything is possible.

Most SYNCB pre-approvals tend to be solid with very few exceptions, one of those being if any significant changes have occurred since the last time they SP'd your CRs when making the pre-approved offer so results will vary.

+1. I agree with Finstar, OP. Your scores and profile sound more sutible for a SYNCB-backed retail card, not a SYNCB-backed bankcard. I would honestly not risk the hard-pull. Consider applying when you near 700, which seems to be the magic number to get bankcard from Synchrony Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, my current TU is 656 FICO 8
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went for it, but got the 7-10 day message. That seems to be a wild card, from what I've read. Some people get denied, while others still get approved. I will update when I get the letter
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved with temp limit of $1500! Still no email, but it's showing on my credit reports, so I called and got the automated system that told me my limit.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Approved with temp limit of $1500! Still no email, but it's showing on my credit reports, so I called and got the automated system that told me my limit.

Congrats on the approval! Smiley Happy

I stand corrected. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.