Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Approved for Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Approved for Amex

Hi everyone so I need some help I was pre approved for Amex cash magnet card and everyday card through Amex website but I want the blue cash card do u think I would be approved for that card since I’m pre approved for the other 2 cards aren’t they all kinds in the same level of cards ?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre approved for Amex cash magnet and everyday card need help

Generally yeah. A lot of the time, it'll show a two or three cards instead of the whole portfolio. The standards for approval should be the same as far as I've seen.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also my credit score is eq640 tu709 ex663
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend waiting until your experian is 670 or higher. That's the one they usually go with. I've read a lot of threads where people are approved lower than that, but 670 a better chance. It'll also help get you a better limit instead of a marginal $500 or $1000 limit.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I went ahead and pull the trigger I got approved for 4000 I was surprised I thought it was gonna be a lot less Being that I have discover and cap 1 with very low limits the only thing I guess is maybe I have a paid car loan that might’ve helped. 🎉🎉😎
Message 6 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Update: Approved for Amex

Welcome to the board and grats on your approval. I have moved your thread to approvals.
Message 7 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice jobSmiley Happy i personally dont believe in prequals but glad you got the card you really wantedSmiley Happy Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a bunch
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex BCE approval!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.