Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Guess 2nd Disco SL...

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Update: Guess 2nd Disco SL...

Sorry for the Cruddy starting limit.. Discover doesn't give a rats behind about income as many data points indicate nor score persay within reason if you are above 630-640 have a recent BK and make 40k you can get a 10k approval out the gate with them..  To many of us that makes no sense, but to discover and their investors it does for whatever reason whether they figure they will make money off interest these people are more likely to carry a balance or they will be more loyal to discover and more swipes etc..  Things that are known is discover 1) doesn't like alot of credit with other lenders 2)likes new people to credit or people recently out of BK 3) income and scores or inquiries they can really care less about it is what is on your report 4) rest is basically a black box and unknown.

tldr; if you have alot of credit and good scores discover and good income probably isn't the card for you as many better cards out there as well so they might be doing us all a favor that get frustrated with them and how they act with good profiles/scores/incomes

Message 21 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Sorry for the Cruddy starting limit.. Discover doesn't give a rats behind about income as many data points indicate nor score persay within reason if you are above 630-640 have a recent BK and make 40k you can get a 10k approval out the gate with them..  To many of us that makes no sense, but to discover and their investors it does for whatever reason whether they figure they will make money off interest these people are more likely to carry a balance or they will be more loyal to discover and more swipes etc..  Things that are known is discover 1) doesn't like alot of credit with other lenders 2)likes new people to credit or people recently out of BK 3) income and scores or inquiries they can really care less about it is what is on your report 4) rest is basically a black box and unknown.

tldr; if you have alot of credit and good scores discover and good income probably isn't the card for you as many better cards out there as well so they might be doing us all a favor that get frustrated with them and how they act with good profiles/scores/incomes

This ^^^^ OP.

Some institutions, if started later in a credit journey (especially for folks with tons of available credit), will be pitfalls for growth (i.e. Discover, PenFed, First Tech, ELAN, HSBC, State Farm, etc.).   Nevertheless, an approval which is still great IMO.  And, while not the best starting SL, there's potential for growth albeit more of a turtle race compared to your other CCs.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sucks... I was expecting you'd get a couple 1000s more... Oh well! They started me with $1k also, in January. Never gotten an actual auto cli, let alone the famous DD, but I got $500 extra in April, right after being denied for a CLI(maybe a coincidence) and another $500 last month via luv button. Yes, it's a very low limit but I pay it multiple times and have about $130(x2) in cash back on it Smiley Very Happy In the end, that's why I applied for it.

Hope it works for you and grows in time, maybe faster/more substantially than mine! Smiley LOL

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.