Did you mean: 

Update:Lowes and US Bank Smiths123 Rewards Approved, spree

tag
Reazon
New Contributor

Update:Lowes and US Bank Smiths123 Rewards Approved, spree

Hello everyone,

I have a confession, mixed emotions I guess,
I wanted to garden, I spree'd against my better judgement, give it to me.
first app
  Chase Freedom Unltd.--Denied.  no offers, I knew I shouldn't have, but my Amex will report next couple days, that will put me 5/24 for 12 months. Exp. pulled
Second App.
  Us Bank Smiths 123 Rewards-- INSTANT APPROVAL. 5K SL. I spend about 1K monthly in groceries, I'll get about $1 of gal. of fuel ea time I fill up, 2 cars about 3 fills ea. month.  Free $100 in groceries. not bad, Kroger stopped taking Visa. So it made sense. TU Pulled
Third App.
  Lowes-- INSTANT APPROVAL.  1K SL.  Need some appliances soon, 0% not bad. But dissappointed in the Low SL, was hoping for at least 3K.  What's the best number to recon the SL for Lowes? TU pulled

This is where I knew I should have stopped, but I want into Citi.
Fourth App.
  Citi Rewards+-- Instant Denial. I was sad.  Exp pulled
wanted to maximize travel benefits and the 0% offer
Only prequal I showed was for Home Depot.??

I really wanted in with the Freedom Unlimited. that made me the most sadest. then pounded with Citi denial. 

AND.. Tomorrow is my 61 day for Amex., I feel I messed that up with all the INQ's.
Exp Fico 8 Dropped 12 points this morning to 699
let me have it
CSP 726/5K
AMEX DELTA GOLD 0/2K
Lowe's 0/17K
CAPONE QS 0/$750
DISCOVER IT SECURED 0/$300
RC WILLEY 0/$300
EX FICO 8= 711
EQ FICO 8= 735
TU FICO 8= 727
AS OF 05/12/2019
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowes and US Bank Smiths123 Rewards Approved, spree

INQ are only temprorary and don't hurt that much.

Lowes can be a quick call to Credit Solutions and bumped up significantly 

Chase will present opportunities down the road it's not the end of the world.  

Message 2 of 8
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

INQ are only temprorary and don't hurt that much.

Lowes can be a quick call to Credit Solutions and bumped up significantly 

Chase will present opportunities down the road it's not the end of the world.  

+1, AGREED!!!

I would call Credit Solutions right away to Recon!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! Sorry about those denials, but at least you got some good cards out of the deal. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 8
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!! Like @pinkandgrey at least you got some nice cards. I need that Lowe’s card(after recon😉) and I’ll trade ya my Fingerhut Card-it’s got great deals!!!🤣😂🤣😂

👍👍👍

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 6 of 8
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Lowes and USB Wins @Reazon! So you went on a bender -- I'm VERY guilty of that and sometimes you wake up a little bit more sober and realize.. "yeah I won't be bringing that up later" Smiley Very Happy

Ignore the Chase/Citi denials, you banked on US Bank (solid bank) and Lowes (which can grow much faster than the other three combined). Sync is big on TU so if you have a LOT of activity there you may find a rejection for a CLI but call them up (Credit Solutions number found on this forum, usually a US based center) and let them know you planned on getting some appliances and they'll check it out. Usually its a SP but ask to confirm so you're ready for it. Congrats again!! 

Message 7 of 8
Reazon
New Contributor

Re: Update:Lowes and US Bank Smiths123 Rewards Approved, spree

Update:
I called into Lowes credit solutions for a recon my low SL, we'll happy to report they bumped me up to 10k! The full amount I asked for, maybe I should of asked for more, but I'm ok with it. I know it will grow.
Again without the knowledge I gained here, this wouldn't have happened so quickly.
Thank you
Now time to recon Chase and Citi, I'll report later. Hahaha
CSP 726/5K
AMEX DELTA GOLD 0/2K
Lowe's 0/17K
CAPONE QS 0/$750
DISCOVER IT SECURED 0/$300
RC WILLEY 0/$300
EX FICO 8= 711
EQ FICO 8= 735
TU FICO 8= 727
AS OF 05/12/2019
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.