cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update approved* Cap1 Visa Signature CLI??

tag
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Update approved* Cap1 Visa Signature CLI??

I've had a limit on my Cap1 card for a while and ended up doing a balance transfer to another card. I saw they do soft pulls every six months. 

When do you think would be a good time for a CLI since I just paid it off? Also, do they do it internally like Amex and Disco or will I need to unfreeze my accounts for a CLI with them? 

Curent scores are in my signature. Utilization is at 9% currently overall and will drop some more once my CLI form my Amex kicks in.

Strictly doing it for Utilizaiton while I pay it down over the next few months. 

Thank you in advance. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap1 Visa Signature CLI??

It depends when your last CLI (if any) was granted. Generally, if you were given a CLI, you can request another one 6 months from the most recent one. IIRC, requests are SP.
Message 2 of 10
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
It depends when your last CLI (if any) was granted. Generally, if you were given a CLI, you can request another one 6 months from the most recent one. IIRC, requests are SP.

I have only had one in the 8 years I've had it. I've combined other cards on it, but that was two year ago. 

Will my credit need to be unfrozen for it or does Cap1 do internal pulls? 

Thank you for your response. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 3 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

CLI eligibility may be based on internal account reviews. Evidence to that end is that when members report CLI denials, they occasionally complain about CO using an old score.

Because denials don't reset any clock, it doesn't hurt to try. If frozen reports are an issue, they'll let you know.

Another option might be to call customer service and ask. But I'd bet on them not being trained to deal with this question.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 is always soft pulls. Go ahead and ask.

Message 5 of 10
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Got the increase. Shot high and and they put me in my place, lol. 

Either way, I'm glad I got it. 

Thank you for the help, everyone. 

Message 6 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on the CLI OP.

What kind of CLI did you get approved and what's the new CL if you don't mind sharing?
Message 7 of 10
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Congratulations on the CLI OP.

What kind of CLI did you get approved and what's the new CL if you don't mind sharing?

It was for $1,000 

It's now at $24,570

I asked for 30K knowing they probably wouldn't go that high and give me a lower amount so I could have the 25K I wanted. I'm also thinking I should of just asked for the 25K and maybe would have got it.  

Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well, $1,000 is still not a bad CLI 😁. Better than nothing or lots lower.
Message 9 of 10
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Well, $1,000 is still not a bad CLI 😁. Better than nothing or lots lower.

Oh, I'm totally happy with it, lol. 

Compared to the  first $300 card I recieved back in 2010 after I sent my credit to hell and back to what I have now? I'm completely happy. 

This forum has taught me so much, it's insane. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.