cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Chase Approval - what happened?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on Chase Approval - what happened?!

UPDATE on my other post about a Chase Freedom "weird call."

I need your advice and I guess I had reason to be concerned. Yes I was approved. Yes I confirmed it by calling Chase hotline number. I was all excited...now today...

I was teaching a class so I missed a call from what was Chase Fraud Dept. I called Chase customer service and they transferred me to fraud. The operator wouldn't say anything except "you will be getting a call from another team member in 24 to 48 hours. Answer the call and they will explain everything to you." I was very upset and said why can't you tell me what is going on? He just keeps repeating the same thing about them calling me.

I said I was approved and confirmed for a card so what happened and he said "yes you were approved but if you receive the card before they call you, do NOT use it."

What the heck is this about??!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update on Chase Approval - what happened?!

Someone will chime in soon that knows what’s going on.

In the meantime, mods are probably gonna merge this thread with your other one. It’s frowned upon to start multiple threads of the same thing but easier to track everything under one thread of the same topic.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks. I'm brand new to all this. Appreciate it
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries at all!

This whole forum is full of people who are here to learn and help others. Including myself.

Welcome to forums. You will be so thankful you found such a wealth of knowledge in one spot.
Message 4 of 5
xaximus
Valued Contributor

I'm guessing it's probably some sort of verification that has to be done prior to activating the card. I have heard that Fraud will lock or freeze an account because of any "old" or "incorrect" information when reviewing new accounts. Do you have any changes or updates that were made (new address, name change, any fraud breach you may have been part of, etc.) If so, it could be for that. I would reach out to the fraud dept. for more info and if they say someone will reach out to you, keep trying. Someone will respond.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.