Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Cash Rewards Elite Visa approval with bonus

tag
DakotaM
Regular Contributor

Re: Upgrade Cash Rewards Elite Visa approval with bonus

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Congrats!  So how do these report?  Like a personal loan with full balance or like a credit card reporting only the amount used?  Thanks in advance.

It reports as a line of credit. I'm not famiar enough with the different account types to know what effect that has on the credit report though. 

Workers-Credit-UnionWorkers-Credit-Union

Message 11 of 19
C6
Regular Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Congrats!  So how do these report?  Like a personal loan with full balance or like a credit card reporting only the amount used?  Thanks in advance.

It reports as a LOC, high balance, and current balance due.

Message 12 of 19
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@DakotaM wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

It reports as a line of credit. I'm not famiar enough with the different account types to know what effect that has on the credit report though. 

If that is the case it will be a Fico hit when it reports.  I can't remember the levels but paying at least 11% off right away will lessen the impact a bit and when it is payed of to a balance less than 9% or so, it should boost points depending if you have any other installment loans.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 13 of 19
citymunky
Established Contributor

I have had an approved Upgrade Triple Cash Reward card since January of this year, but I haven't used it yet because of it's hybrid ways and the way interested is calulated.

When your make a purchase or "drawn" (as Upgrade calls it), I know that amount is converted into a loan. When the "drawn" that ffinally hits on your report, does it affect the average age or accounts?

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 14 of 19
C6
Regular Contributor

When I first got the Upgrade card I had about $6000 report. My FICO score went down about two points but this could have been due to two new accounts. A month later it was paid in full and I got 6 points back. The utilization does not factor in with credit card utilization. Vantage scores it differently but those scores are useless as far as I'm concerned.

Message 15 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Upgrade approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 16 of 19
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval. 🥂

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 17 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Elan Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 18 of 19
PapaTunde
Established Contributor

Congrats o your new card

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.