Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Ann Taylor Mastercard

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Upgrade to Ann Taylor Mastercard

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I had read on here that Ann Taylor will sometimes offer an upgrade to their MC version at the checkout in the store.  Sure enough, I was the last customer Sunday evening (I think there may be a month end quota??)  and the sales associate asked if I wanted to upgrade.  I said yes.  She had me input my SS and income and then she hit the button and voila -- $8K approved!!  My previous AT card had a limit of $2750.  So far, no hard pulls.  I did get an ID alert from my Experian subscription, but it appears to be a soft pull.  So, upgrade, higher limit, soft pull and I'm still in the garden.  Smiley Happy

------

**Update**  Turns out It was a hard pull, but on Equifax.  That's ok for me since I had 0 inquiries on Equifax as everyone else seems to like TU and Exp, but means I'm restarting my gardening clock Smiley Sad

The nice new credit limit should take any sting out of it if there even is any.

Congrats! on the successful upgrade for your Ann Taylor card. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I had read on here that Ann Taylor will sometimes offer an upgrade to their MC version at the checkout in the store.  Sure enough, I was the last customer Sunday evening (I think there may be a month end quota??)  and the sales associate asked if I wanted to upgrade.  I said yes.  She had me input my SS and income and then she hit the button and voila -- $8K approved!!  My previous AT card had a limit of $2750.  So far, no hard pulls.  I did get an ID alert from my Experian subscription, but it appears to be a soft pull.  So, upgrade, higher limit, soft pull and I'm still in the garden.  Smiley Happy

------

**Update**  Turns out It was a hard pull, but on Equifax.  That's ok for me since I had 0 inquiries on Equifax as everyone else seems to like TU and Exp, but means I'm restarting my gardening clock Smiley Sad

The nice new credit limit should take any sting out of it if there even is any.

Congrats! on the successful upgrade for your Ann Taylor card. Smiley Happy

Thanks CreditMagic -- Yes, I'm ok with it.  If the HP had been on TU, I would feel differently.  But, no one seems to pull Equifax, so I'm ok.  And it's $8K that I can use anywhere rather than just AT.  Curious though whether the CLI luv button will function the same as Comenity/AT and SP only....hmmm

Message 12 of 21
yoyo
Established Contributor

Congrads
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the upgrade and nice starting limit!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Message 14 of 21
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 15 of 21
dcastillo68
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's great news!  Congrats!

Starting Score 7/15/15 EQ 562 | TU 557 | EXP 556 Current Score EQ 601 | TU 622 | EXP 632
Message 16 of 21
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your upgrade.  

Message 17 of 21
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

AWESOME, Congratulations!!!!!
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 18 of 21
fury1995
Valued Contributor

I may be wrong but I don't think Comenity offers an upgrade like Synchrony. I'm betting you have two accounts now (store card and cobranded MasterCard)

The alert on Experian was Alliance Data. It was identification matching (like the SCT) to verify your information. That's what triggered your offer for the MasterCard. The hard pull on Equifax is becoming more common this year for Comenity co-brands. That's why you were only asked for your social and income, They had everything else from Experian 2 seconds before you accepted the invitation to apply for the MasterCard.

Either way, congrats and yep $8k is a big win!
August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 19 of 21
ABC123TLC
Contributor

upgrade  is not an upgrade...

it actually closed your older store account... opens a NEW mastercard account and Balance transfers to the mastercard

all with a hard pull

"If you currently have a LOFT credit card, by submitting this application, you are requesting a Loft MasterCard to replace your existing credit card, If approved, your existing account may be closed and any balance may be transferred to your new LOFT MasterCard account. You will receive your card in the mail."

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.