Congratulaions!

Thank you. Dv

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Usaa old approval newly accepted.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations! I was denied their card but they countered with their secured card so I'm debating on that.

Hey it's a foot in their door, what do you have to lose? It won't graduate but you'll build history with them. Dv

^ Exactly this. My DW took on a $250 secured card with them about six months ago or so and last week was approved for their cashback rewards card with a $7k limit. A secured or low-limit card with them can definitely set you up for something better in the future.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Like you I app'd and was denied for the same card with USAA a little over a month ago. I was countered with a secured card, with annual fee's. I considered it to get my foot in the door with USAA for a minute but passed. I had other cards to build with and then a week later was approved for my 2nd QS with their bonus for a VISA this time with a $3,000 limit. I probably should've at least opened a savings account with them at that time but hopefully will receive an offer from USAA for the card I want. 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! 

Like you I app'd and was denied for the same card with USAA a little over a month ago. I was countered with a secured card, with annual fee's. I considered it to get my foot in the door with USAA for a minute but passed. I had other cards to build with and then a week later was approved for my 2nd QS with their bonus for a VISA this time with a $3,000 limit. I probably should've at least opened a savings account with them at that time but hopefully will receive an offer from USAA for the card I want. 

Thanks and I can see why you passed, I'm barely a step up with the 1k sl after just getting a 9.5k sl with Discover. But I decided to get my foot in the door because usaa is an excellent lender to have on your side. Dv

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations! I was denied their card but they countered with their secured card so I'm debating on that.

Hey it's a foot in their door, what do you have to lose? It won't graduate but you'll build history with them. Dv

^ Exactly this. My DW took on a $250 secured card with them about six months ago or so and last week was approved for their cashback rewards card with a $7k limit. A secured or low-limit card with them can definitely set you up for something better in the future.

Did she app or did they send her the offer? Dv

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

She applied. We were sporadically checking to see if she was getting any offers and there haven't been any. After talking about getting one for our fuel spend we figured that she had nothing to lose and if it was a low limit it would be fine because it would only be used for fuel anyways. Needless to say I was surprised to see her starting off with a limit higher than my Limitless, lol.

I just logged into her account to verify, it was actually a little over 8 months between her app for the secured Visa and the new Amex fwiw.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

She applied. We were sporadically checking to see if she was getting any offers and there haven't been any. After talking about getting one for our fuel spend we figured that she had nothing to lose and if it was a low limit it would be fine because it would only be used for fuel anyways. Needless to say I was surprised to see her starting off with a limit higher than my Limitless, lol.

I just logged into her account to verify, it was actually a little over 8 months between her app for the secured Visa and the new Amex fwiw.

That's great and thanks for checking for me. Dv

Message 17 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous congrats and I agree it was probably a good move on your part to swallow the pride and take the card. Everyone raves about USAA.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous congrats and I agree it was probably a good move on your part to swallow the pride and take the card. Everyone raves about USAA.

Thanks k in Boston, I agree I had another post asking questions on what I should do and the overall consensus was to snap up the card to get my foot in the door credit wise. So today I finally pulled the trigger and accepted. They are an excellent company and even better lender from what I hear. Dv

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz on the Approval! Smiley Happy 

You can never go wrong with USAA! 

I recently started fresh with no credit history. They are the only ones that have really believed in me despite my short history. It would be a huge plus if you lived in one of the states where the "Limitless" is offered. Sadly it's still not available in California. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.