Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS - DW and I each got 2 CLI in past 2 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VS - DW and I each got 2 CLI in past 2 days

On 2/13/15 my fiancé and I opened VS credit cards using the SCT. I deeply and almost instantly regretted opening my account because there was no need for us each to have this store card as it would just spread the points across 2 cards so I rarely use mine at all except to make a small purchase every few (3-6) months to keep it active and so it reports the new CL. It also lowered my AAoA and is delaying from being able to get the Chase Sapphire Perferred card I want due to Chase's 5/24 rule. The card is good for her as she only had 2 bankcards for less than a year (excluding AU accounts of mine reporting for her) and the mortgage were both joint on opened 12/14. Her file is rather new and thin. It seems that for each of us we have been able to get a CLI using the VS app every 2 months starting after a couple months of having the card. I believe we both started at $500. Yesterday, I noticed it's been 2 months and a day since our last request so I requested for the both us and we each got $200. I immediately tried again and got the "just was increased" notice. Today, I logged in to pay her bill and thought I'd try again and to my surprise it gave her another $200 bring her to $2000. She uses the card monthly and all but 1 month (overlooked) has paid in full. Since she got another I thought I'd try as well as got myself another $200 bringing me to $2100. I rarely use my card - 4-6 times total for small amounts too. I've heard some have had better or higher and multiple CLI using the phone system so I guess in 2 months I will try that method. Are CLI requests via phone SP as well like they have been for us using the app? Thanks in advance for any insights.
5 REPLIES 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: VS - DW and I each got 2 CLI in past 2 days

Congrats on the continued increases! If this is Chase, I thought all of their requests for increases were HP's, with the exception of the rare auto increase from them.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 6
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@RM21 wrote:
Congrats on the continued increases! If this is Chase, I thought all of their requests for increases were HP's, with the exception of the rare auto increase from them.

Different bank, OP is taling about Victoria's Secret store cards, Commenity Bank backs these.

their CLI's are mostly SP

Sorry OP, congrats on both card CLI'sSmiley Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 6
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.