Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS & Walmart showing the love

tag
2b2rich
Established Contributor

VS & Walmart showing the love

I just received an email from them letting me know they increased my CL.  

I rarely use the card and when I do, pay it off, ofcourse.

anyway, got the card last year with an initial CL of either $250 or $300, and about 6 months later found a pair of boots but not enough available credit so I called and asked if they would increase enough for the boots and they bumped me up to $500.

I havent asked for another and after leaving the card in my sock drawer for about 4 months, I used it last month for about $100 and paid it.

This increase was a surpise and while its only $250 (new CL is $750). It felt nice.

Aaaand the main point of this post is a reminder that a lot of creditors are going to start showing the HOLIDAY LOVE about now, some automatically and others we may have to call and asked them for one 

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Re: Victorias secret showing the love

Congrats!!!  That will buy lots of new..holiday...attire!  

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the CLI! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@prettylady wrote:

Congrats!!!  That will buy lots of new..holiday...attire!  

Oh yes indeedy, new uggs! Smiley Happy

(Thank you Bella007!)

Message 4 of 6
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Re: VS & Walmart showing the love

Just logged in to pay Walmart and there is a $400 CLI!  

(ok, I know, I know. big deal.. but I didn't ask for it, was one of those automatic things they do this time of year, I guess.  When I first applied I received an instant approval with something like a $150 SCL.  I called and they told me to call back when the card arrived.  I did and told them I really needed a nice limit because father's day was coming up.  I got off the phone with a $2K CL.  Now it's $2,400.  I can't click the love buttons on these because I'm committed to the garden so these make me happy)

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VS & Walmart showing the love

@2b2rich wrote:

Just logged in to pay Walmart and there is a $400 CLI!  

(ok, I know, I know. big deal.. but I didn't ask for it, was one of those automatic things they do this time of year, I guess.  When I first applied I received an instant approval with something like a $150 SCL.  I called and they told me to call back when the card arrived.  I did and told them I really needed a nice limit because father's day was coming up.  I got off the phone with a $2K CL.  Now it's $2,400.  I can't click the love buttons on these because I'm committed to the garden so these make me happy)

Every bit counts! Congrats!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.