Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage West Credit Union

tag
Zosimus
Regular Contributor

Vantage West Credit Union

On the morning of April 26, I logged into the Vantage West ("VW") website and applied for an account. About 20 minutes later, I received an e-mailed Notice of Adverse Action along with a contact us link. I clicked the link and called the phone number. I was told that the reason for the rejection was that VW could not verify some details about me. So, I made an appointment for an in branch visit at 11:00 MST at the nearest branch (about 90 minutes away). VW membership is open to anyone who lives, works, or worships in Maricopa County. My claim to membership was that I worshipped in the county. I took paperwork with me to argue that I did indeed worship there.

I arrived at the appropriate time and began the process. I had been forewarned that I needed to bring some things, and I went loaded for bear. I had my passport, social security card, business card, Arizona driver's license, utility bill — the works. The process was quite easy. When I was asked whether I lived in Maricopa county, I informed the lady that I worshipped there. I was prepared for a fight over that point, but she just went off to ask the manager whether worshipping in the county was acceptable. She returned with an affirmative in less than 5 minutes. No documentation was requested.

I had planned only to open an account, but during the membership phase, I was informed that I was preapproved for a credit card and was asked whether I wanted to apply for one. Naturally, I selected the VW Connect Rewards card, which gives 5 percent cash back in the category of my choice. After making my initial deposit, I returned to the office and was asked how much my monthly rent was. I produced my rent statement, and the person aiding me in setting up the account divided that in half under the theory that my wife pays half. I did not object. She then asked me what my monthly gross income was. I pulled out a calculator and calculated about $12,750. It would have been difficult to document that amount, but I was certainly willing to try.

I was told that the application would be reviewed by an underwriter and that I would get an answer in 3 business days. However, the members service representative called me as I was driving home to inform me that I had been approved for a $15,000 line of credit. I have been told that I will be called by Wednesday so that someone can walk me through how to DocuSign all of the paperwork.

It doesn't show up on the mobile app, but I believe that I pulled it off. So, I'm celebrating!

Edit: Experian was pulled with a score of 754.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Vantage West Credit Union

Grats on the nice SL Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats !! Nice score with the card and membership !

Message 3 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 4 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your VWCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Vantage West approval!

Message 6 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

DocuSign is the easy peasey of it. Fantastic!!!

And Big Congrats on the new Approved Vantage West CU success!

Message 7 of 16
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Vantage West approval!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and nice SL my fellow Arizonan!

I will have to keep this credit union in mind once I'm ready to app again.

Message 9 of 16
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the nice approval!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.