Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venmo Visa Rewards Card

tag
jonblaze24
New Contributor

Venmo Visa Rewards Card

Was bombarded with emails from them regarding this new card, and considering I am a habitual Venmo user I figured why not? Visa is also the only major brand I do not carry, so figured this would be the perfect time to snag one.

Super easy application process, took all of a minute to fill out and apply.....was EXTREMELY disappointed when it came back accepted with a CL of $1,000. Besides some early Cap1 cards that refuse to get CLI's, this is by far my lowest limit. Quite suprised to given the fact they were so pushy for me to sign up, I figured that would all but guarantee me a decent starting line. My current scores range from 680-710 and my last 2 cards started me no less than 7K. 

With that said, this is a Synchrony card. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to obtain higher limits sooner than later? I've never used Synchrony before, and I know different banks like different things. Any input would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venmo Visa Rewards Card

Congrats on you approval! 🎉  Too bad the limit is so low. Should be a great card regardless. 

Message 2 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Venmo approval Smiley Happy

Synchrony cards can grow quickly, I would suggest you call credit solutions and ask for a higher limit when you get it and activate it. Can ask online every 4 months for a CLI too. Synch seems to like use these days so make sure to show them some love too.

Message 3 of 23
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your Venmo Visa Rewards approval!  👍 

Message 4 of 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 23
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Venmo card! Are you sure it's just 1k SL because like in my case (and from others) they set a 1k temporary limit until you get the card and then you have access to the rest after activation which in my case is $4200. In the app it only shows 1k because I'm still waiting on the card. Might be some hope for you. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 23
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Idk if  you can request a cli or not from things I've read on the venmo site.  There isn't a cli button provided so maybe since your hp is fresh you might want to call them and ask about a higher limit.  If you do call ask them if they do increase on this new tl and how often would they consider an increase. Anyway, congrats getting the card and enjoy the 3-2-1 cb. 👍

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 23
jonblaze24
New Contributor

I have actually read that exact thing.....and I have not received/activated the card yet so that does give me some hope. Appreciate the feedback!

Message 8 of 23
jonblaze24
New Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on your Venmo approval Smiley Happy

Synchrony cards can grow quickly, I would suggest you call credit solutions and ask for a higher limit when you get it and activate it. Can ask online every 4 months for a CLI too. Synch seems to like use these days so make sure to show them some love too.

Definitely plan on using it for bills and some other monthly expenses, the cash back is very enticing. Thanks!

Message 9 of 23
chalupaman
Super Contributor

As soon as you see Synchrony, think heavy potential to grow like crazy if you treat it right. Nice work. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.