Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture approval and CLI on Quicksilver One, need some advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture approval and CLI on Quicksilver One, need some advice

Hi everyone,

Applied for CapitalOne Venture yesterday and got a instant approval for 15K.  I applied thinking that max I would get 5K, so it was definitley a nice surprise to see that number.  Another good surprise came this morning when I logged into my account to see that my Quicksilver One card limit was increased from 1k to 3k!  I'm just happy since I've been working really hard for the past two years to build and improve my credit. 

At the time that I applied, I had 2 inquires in my credit history,  score of 730ish (CreditKarma), 100% payment history, and credit age of 4 years.  Paid down all my cards to 0 and then applied.

I assume the CLI came this morning because for the past 2-3 month I've been putting everything on my Quicksilver One card and paid the full balance before the due date.

I'm now planning on combining my Quicksilver One card with my oldest card which is a Quicksilver card with no annual fee.  And then primarily use the Venture card since I do travel a lot.

My question is, how do I use both cards in a way that CapitalOne does not reduce the credit line in the long run?  Is there a certain percentage that I have to put on each card a month and pay it down?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venture approval and CLI on Quicksilver One, need some advice

Congrats on your approval and monster SL ,, also nice suprised CLI !!!!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, that is awesome

not sure on the usage%, but i would say a decent amount.  Most of the DP's for reduction are cards over 10k with no usage that i've seen. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals!Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.