Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture approval and data points

tag
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Venture approval and data points

I became concerned that I didn't have a back-up to my Amex MR cards while travelling overseas so I applied for the C1 Venture (very nice bonus + no AF the first year).  I was approved for a 12k SL.  They did the infamous triple pull:

EX FICO 8 675

EQ FICO 8 672

TU FICO 8 662

Three paid CO from 2012, 5% utilization, 2.3 years AAoA, >60k income, 6 new accounts in the last 6 months.

I did get both a verification call and a letter requesting I call for verification.  I received the card two weeks to the day after I applied.  So far, none of the 'declined for suspected fraud' issues that were so prevalent not long ago-online account and Apple Pay set up without a hitch.  I almost went with the Altitide Reserve just for this reason.  I was prequalified on the C1 site.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Venture approval and data points

Sweet deal . I'd take a triple for 12k lol but then again when you are as average as I not many will wonder what's in my walletSmiley Wink.

Pepsi is on me Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats op, very nice SL. I still dont like their famous triple pulls. LOL. 

Message 3 of 10
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sweet deal . I'd take a triple for 12k lol but then again when you are as average as I not many will wonder what's in my walletSmiley Wink.

Pepsi is on me Smiley Wink

Thanks for the Pepsi.  New app anxiety makes me thirsty.  I don't know how I'm doing it...my scores are lower than average but Amex, Disco and C1 just hand me new toys and say "have fun shopping, dear".  

Message 4 of 10
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats op, very nice SL. I still dont like their famous triple pulls. LOL. 

Their triple pulls are obnoxious.  At least I've learned enough on this forum to appreciate them for getting approved and not wasting them on denialsSmiley Mad

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice going on the approval. I guess my double pull was a true anomaly.

The Altitude Reserve is a tough nut to crack and the recent activity in 6mo seems to be a factor for them.

Enjoy your trip.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approval

Message 7 of 10
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The Altitude Reserve is a tough nut to crack and the recent activity in 6mo seems to be a factor for them.

Enjoy your trip.

US Bank showed me a lot of kindness with the Cash +.  I have a relationship with them already which is probably the ONLY reason.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wingennis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Enjoy your trip.

US Bank showed me a lot of kindness with the Cash +.  I have a relationship with them already which is probably the ONLY reason.

Did you freeze Sagestream and ARS prior to approval?

Message 9 of 10
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wingennis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Enjoy your trip.

Did you freeze Sagestream and ARS prior to approval?

I've haven't frozen any CBs.  

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.