Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture auto CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture auto CLI

couldn't sleep and decided to check my email.  

SL $15,000

just got notified that my Capital One Venture card was just auto - CLI $5,000, taking the CL to $20,000.  

weird timing, I'm guessing it's based on the start of the calendar month.   My bill is currently due on 6/11.  The cycle ends 6/14.  I would have assumed they would increase it at the end of the cycle or the beginning of the next....but this is great, I have a lot of spend on the card and literally put in for a BT to my NFCU card that I just got increased to $25,000 to take advantage of the 1.9%.  I might not have had to do that after all... geez.  

Data - 

-applied for card 11/29, got the triple HP as usual.  Have a fraud alert on EX and EQ.  Cap1 fraud protocol was way more difficult than AMEX or

Chase.  They even told me that they are backed up with applications and it will take a while.  I was told the card was approved approx 2 weeks

later, but I think the official opening date is 12/24/18 according to Cap1.  

-Did not activate the card right away so I did not get a statement until February.  So I only have 4 statements so far.  

-acquired during the revamping of the card, when there was 75,000 miles SUB for $5k spend.  I spent about $7k on it during first few months.  -

Had to buy a new air conditioning system for $10,500 and put it on the card.  All in all I've probably spent about $19,000 on it.  Counting

balance transfers(I did 1 for $4k to NFCU) I have PIF every statement.  

-currently have a balance of $11k+

-currently have approx $1,100 due 6/11

-currently had a dip in FICO by about 5-8 pts due to new accts and utilization.  

-aggregate utilization still 10% but some individual cards are as high as 25%(thanks Wells Fargo)

-unfortunately just found out that an old credit card just fell off my TU report.  It was a card that I had late payments on that were deleted, I think due to poor record keeping by First Premier.  The card was opened in 2006 and closed in 2009.  That brought my TU score down for age.  

- I think the last time I received an auto increase was when my Frankenstein BoA card 'graduated' from worthless counter offer to a Platinum card.  Right before I got my Freedom card BoA deemed me worthy of a secured card without the security deposit, essentially.  I applied for the Cash Rewards card and was told I was declined but offered a 'special' offer of $500 SL, $29 AF, no rewards, and 100% awesome.  After 15 months or so they took away the AF and bumped me to $2,500.  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Re: Venture auto CLI

Congratulations on the increase and your respectable limit.

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the rare cap1 auto cli!!
Message 3 of 9
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your MASSIVE  CapOne auto CLI, your AWESOME NFCU CLI, and Thanks for the DPs!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congrats on the CLI! 😁

Message 5 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"couldn't sleep and decided to check my email. "

Message 6 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Whoa. Your limit was great then and it’s better now. Congrats!!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks guys.  

I'm now wondering about the Capital One credit line increase clock rules.  

Some of you may have read - I am trying to experiment with getting a CLI on my bucketed BuyPower card.  The card recently renewed to a new card/expiration and when I applied for a CLI last month I finally got a denial with NEW, different denial language.  It read like a normal lack of usage denial as oppposed to a bucketed denial. 

The first reason was actually that there was a pending and/or recent credit application which I assumed was the Venture card I applied for on 11/29/18.  I'm wondering if the impending auto-CLI on this card was what they referrring to, or the original app.  

Does this auto-CLI disqualify me from CLIs on other cards for the next 6 months?  

I recently put a good amount of spend on my Savor card and now on the GM card so I was going to keep applying for an increase on the GM card then Savor to see which got one first.  

Message 8 of 9
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!! This seems to be just in time to report the updated CL on your reports. Magnificent!!!  Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.