Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture one world elite MasterCard approved

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Venture one world elite MasterCard approved

@Anonymous wrote:
I was told by Capone in order to combine account, the intend closing account need to be open at least 6 months and have zero balance. It also need to be MasterCard to MasterCard combine or Visa card to another visa. And also partnership cards are not eligible. They are currently updating the combine account features. Hopefully it'll work out well for me.

What you were told about the account to be closed being at least six months old is correct (the account you're keeping can be less than six months old), and cobranded cards are indeed excluded, but there's no problem combining a Visa into a MasterCard, or vice-versa. 

I have one of each right now, and I am able to combine them (top card is a MC, bottom card is a Visa):

newmerge.jpg

Message 31 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope that is the case and that's as far as I know from Cap1. Hopefully it will workout well😃
Message 32 of 42
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I was told by Capone in order to combine account, the intend closing account need to be open at least 6 months and have zero balance. It also need to be MasterCard to MasterCard combine or Visa card to another visa. And also partnership cards are not eligible. They are currently updating the combine account features. Hopefully it'll work out well for me.

What you were told about the account to be closed being at least six months old is correct (the account you're keeping can be less than six months old), and cobranded cards are indeed excluded, but there's no problem combining a Visa into a MasterCard, or vice-versa. 

I have one of each right now, and I am able to combine them (top card is a MC, bottom card is a Visa):

UncleB, I'm surprised to see that you haven't combined your Quicksilver accounts already.  I thought everyone and their mother, brother, etc was combining as soon as they had the chance......lol.  I suspect that I'm in the minority of being able to combine for quite a while now, but deciding not to (at least for now anyway).

Message 33 of 42
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

UncleB, I'm surprised to see that you haven't combined your Quicksilver accounts already.  I thought everyone and their mother, brother, etc was combining as soon as they had the chance......lol.  I suspect that I'm in the minority of being able to combine for quite a while now, but deciding not to (at least for now anyway).

I know, right?  Smiley LOL

As 'cool' as it would be to have a single account with a credit line over $10k, for the moment they are working out better being separate.  The MasterCard is relatively old (nine years) and has the better APR, but the BT offer isn't that impressive... it's no-fee but the normal purchase APR. 

On the other hand, the Visa Signature has three different offers... the no-fee, regular APR offer like the MasterCard, and also a 12 and 18 month 0% offer, with a 3% fee.  (The no-fee offer is recent for the Visa... until a month or so ago, that offer was only on the MC.  Now that the Visa has this offer as well the scales are 'tipped' a bit more... LOL).

So I had a bit of a dilemma.  In my case the MC is significantly older than my other major cards, most of which are roughly two years old (or less).  So, if I were to close the MC now (by combining), ten years from now I would be losing a 20 year old trade line, when the majority of my other cards would only have 12 years (+/-) of history, which would impact my AAoA.  On the other hand, I really like having the BT offers of the Visa 'on standby' to use when needed, and I would hate to give that up for no real reason as well.

I can honestly say the decision wasn't made lightly... I gave it quite a bit of thought over a period of weeks.  The one thing that would have made me combine/close the MC was the previous AF... until I got a PC to a QS the fee was a breath-taking $79 each year (and the most they ever waived was half).  I was determined to not pay that fee again, one way or another.  Luckily I got the PC back in the early spring, so that's no longer a concern (I literally had to try for years to get that PC... I had nearly given up).

This is probably more information than you wanted to know, but that's the explanation of why I still have my two cards separate.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 42
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Venture One is a Visa Signature... didn't know therected was a WEMC version

+1

Message 35 of 42
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I combined 4 into 2 giving me

1 World MasterCard Venture @ $25k

1 Signature Visa QuickSilver @ $23k

Did it months ago with no issues at all (except no new CLIs)

at $50k, I dont need no stinkin CLI.  Smiley Tongue

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 36 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

Message 37 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received my WEMC venture one and combine my other card into one. Fantastic and I love it! Works great 😄
Message 38 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just received my WEMC venture one and combine my other card into one. Fantastic and I love it! Works great 😄

Any pictures? Haven't seen a picture of either the WEMC QS or Venture yet.

Is the WEMC Venture a metal card? Is the metal Venture even still a thing?

Message 39 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been rebuilding since my bankruptcy discharge last March. I got a platinum and QS1 right out of the gate. After 3rd statement CLI and credit steps CLI at 6 months. I Pc'd QS1 to QS and then combined accounts. I applied earlier this month for Venture One and was approved for the WEMC version as well. I was expecting Visa too, but hey I'm not complaining! I'm so excited to be learning all of these things about my credit and finally getting somewhere!
Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.