cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon / Synchrony Approval But Score / Limit?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Verizon / Synchrony Approval But Score / Limit?

Congratulations on your approval!!

 

I was a bit disappointed with my SL too, but oh well.








Message 11 of 23
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Verizon / Synchrony Approval But Score / Limit?

Congratulations on your Verizon approval!



Current FICO 8:

Credit Age (TU):

Inquiries:


Message 12 of 23
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Verizon / Synchrony Approval But Score / Limit?

@StephStamper Super Congrats on your Verizon approval! Smiley Very Happy

 

Yes, 547 is an internal score. On a scale of 300-620, 547 is quite good.

Not exactly sure if it equates to your TU8 791, but it's still a good score.

You'll have to call Synchrony for more deets. Congrats again on your success! Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 23
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Verizon / Synchrony Approval But Score / Limit?

Synch uses their own in house score to approve with certain cards looks like this is one of them, we dont know much about it. Grats on your new card and you can call credit solutions to try and raise that limit when the card arrives.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 14 of 23
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: Verizon / Synchrony Approval But Score / Limit?


@mrcraft wrote:

Congratulations on your approval!!

 

I was a bit disappointed with my SL too, but oh well.


I just don't know how generous they can be? .. when you read the Sync news articles.


Message 15 of 23
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Verizon / Synchrony Approval But Score / Limit?


@StephStamper wrote:

I applied for the new Verizon card last week.  Immedialy saw a hard pull for TransUnion.  Score was 791 at the time.  Was approved for $2100.  Was a bit dissapointed considering my income and score are not an issue.  But I thought maybe it's the pandemic crack down on credit.  I resolved myself to the low limit.  Got a letter in the mail today from Synchrony bank.  It stated that when they pulled my credit I was not given a prime rate and by law they have to notifiy me why.  Continued reading and on the next page, it states that my credit score is 547.  First of all, what the actual heck.  Secondly, what's the deal here?

 

The score range in the bottom box states 300 - 620.  

 

I've never done business with this bank before.  What is going on here?  


Yeah, I got that craziness too, saying my score was 521 out of 620. No idea what that means, and I already have 2 -ther Synchrony based cards too.





Potential Future Cards

Message 16 of 23
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Verizon / Synchrony Approval But Score / Limit?


@M_Smart007 wrote:

@mrcraft wrote:

Congratulations on your approval!!

 

I was a bit disappointed with my SL too, but oh well.


I just don't know how generous they can be? .. when you read the Sync news articles.


Sure. That's understandable. For me personally however I just wanted something with $5,000. 

Message 17 of 23
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Verizon / Synchrony Approval But Score / Limit?


@AllThingsInTime wrote:

@StephStamper Super Congrats on your Verizon approval! Smiley Very Happy

 

Yes, 547 is an internal score. On a scale of 300-620, 547 is quite good.

Not exactly sure if it equates to your TU8 791, but it's still a good score.

You'll have to call Synchrony for more deets. Congrats again on your success! Smiley Very Happy


They seem a bit off the wild west.  The rep I called just was super nice but had no information on anything.  She just kept repeating nice and reassuring things.  Just non answers.  I do plan to call when I get my card to see if I can ateast get to a min of $5,000 but I don't want to risk a hard pull again.  I don't trust them.  

Message 18 of 23
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: Verizon / Synchrony Approval But Score / Limit?


@StephStamper wrote:

@AllThingsInTime wrote:

@StephStamper Super Congrats on your Verizon approval! Smiley Very Happy

 

Yes, 547 is an internal score. On a scale of 300-620, 547 is quite good.

Not exactly sure if it equates to your TU8 791, but it's still a good score.

You'll have to call Synchrony for more deets. Congrats again on your success! Smiley Very Happy


They seem a bit off the wild west.  The rep I called just was super nice but had no information on anything.  She just kept repeating nice and reassuring things.  Just non answers.  I do plan to call when I get my card to see if I can ateast get to a min of $5,000 but I don't want to risk a hard pull again.  I don't trust them.  


I do not think you risk another HP for asking for more, I have around 7- 8 Sync accounts several are MC/Visa cards.

Never had a HP for calling in asking for more.

Sometimes you can get on a new card, other times NO.


Message 19 of 23
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Verizon / Synchrony Approval But Score / Limit?

Congrats on your approval 👍 No worries on SL, Synchrony grows fast!

What APR you got?







        
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.