Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria's Secret Approval via Cart Trick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Victoria's Secret Approval via Cart Trick

I stepped out of the garden. I used to have a Victoria's Secret card, and I wondered about the shopping cart trick. Well, it came up for me, even though I burned Comenity in BK, though not my VS card really Vicbecause it had a zero balance. Well, I got a $500 approval today. This is one of the cards that I had hoped to get again, and I don't even think it was a HP although I knowingly took the risk knowing I could afford one on EQ. I didn't need it right now, but I did it, it is done. It will raise my available credit, though, and it will post a zero balance, so I think it might be useful.

So, to anyone wondering if Comenity is BK friendly, for me they definitely are.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Victoria's Secret Approval via Cart Trick

Wooo! Congrats on getting a goal card Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new card.

I really want this card since I frequently shop at VS but I'm deathly afraid of Comenity. I've read so many horror stories on MyFico. I always get the pre-approval offer when shopping on their site but I just can't bring myself to bite. 

Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

Wooo! Congrats on getting a goal card Smiley Happy

Thanks, Scupra!  

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the new card.

I really want this card since I frequently shop at VS but I'm deathly afraid of Comenity. I've read so many horror stories on MyFico. I always get the pre-approval offer when shopping on their site but I just can't bring myself to bite. 

Smiley Sad

Thank you. I used to have several Comenity cards and never had a problem. I'll have to do a search for the horror stories and read up!Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I stepped out of the garden. I used to have a Victoria's Secret card, and I wondered about the shopping cart trick. Well, it came up for me, even though I burned Comenity in BK, though not my VS card really Vicbecause it had a zero balance. Well, I got a $500 approval today. This is one of the cards that I had hoped to get again, and I don't even think it was a HP although I knowingly took the risk knowing I could afford one on EQ. I didn't need it right now, but I did it, it is done. It will raise my available credit, though, and it will post a zero balance, so I think it might be useful.

So, to anyone wondering if Comenity is BK friendly, for me they definitely are.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations!

Strange as it seems this very card helped launch my own credit journey to the stars many moons ago.

I've never forgotten just how much that little $700 store card limit meant at the time.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got preapproved for 500 came back as 150. Right... Closed it within 5 minutes. Not worth it
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got preapproved for 500 came back as 150. Right... Closed it within 5 minutes. Not worth it

That is not right at all...Smiley Sad I would of closed it too. I'm half expecting them to notify me that my card has been rescinded since I treated Comenity badly in BK. I will be bummed if that happens, but not surprised.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.