Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria’s Secret approved via SCT but low limit

tag
Creditjunky37
New Contributor

Victoria’s Secret approved via SCT but low limit

So after Comenity decided to lower and eventually close my JCrew card due to COs on other accounts (life events, I'm rebuilding now), they approved me via SCT but for only $150! I suppose that's better than my last status with them so I'll take it. 

Hoping it will grow as I rebuild, currently 620 across the board. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Victoria’s Secret approved via SCT but low limit

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 22
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's great!  Congratulations on your Approval!!

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditjunky37 wrote:

So after Comenity decided to lower and eventually close my JCrew card due to COs on other accounts (life events, I'm rebuilding now), they approved me via SCT but for only $150! I suppose that's better than my last status with them so I'll take it. 

Hoping it will grow as I rebuild, currently 620 across the board. 

Comenity and the SCT can be strange.

VS was the first CC I had gotten in over a decade, but started with the SCT for my rebuild. The pop-up said something like preapproved $250 or $500, I would have to check, but then once approved they gave me 1k SL.

Then I did the SCT with WS and the pop up gave me $500 preapproved, so I figured why not, and they gave me $250 lol

So, Comenity can be hard to figure out when it comes to the SCT.

I am sure as you continue your (re)build, they may give you CLIs in the future!

Congrats on your approval!

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 5 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your VS approval and happy new year Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being a Comenity card, use it and pay it off and as long as your profile doesn't falter, it'll grow. I have that card too, approved at $500 on 7/5/2018. Got an auto-bump to $750 after three months, and from there it grew steadily. It hadn't required crazy usage. There are times it gets no use in the two months between CLI requests that I'm currently on schedule for, but usually I'll order workout stuff for my daughter in between each pair of increases and pay it off. The card has grown very reliably and received yet another CLI this morning of $500, for a new limit of $6000.

Use it and pay it. Ask every couple months for an increase. Soon you'll discern the pattern of increases they'll give you and you'll be able to grow it regularly.

Message 7 of 22
Creditjunky37
New Contributor

@Anonymous 

thanks for the info. 
WS is another store I shop at a couple times a year. Perhaps if SCT works there, I may take it. My bureaus are all on ice, so no HPs for me. But I will take care of VS and start to request a CLIin a couple of months. 

Message 8 of 22
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  I've been stuck on $250 for almost 3 years now with VS.  I've purchased some things for my lady to show some activity. 

Message 9 of 22
firefox100
Valued Contributor

congratulations and happy new year.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.