cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria's secret approval.

tag
hamletat

Victoria's secret approval.

I typically just read through the forums on here. Today is different. I have been working for 2 years to improve my credit. I didn't keep things under control when I turned 18 and paid for those mistakes for a long time. Some medical issues arose, leading to a few medical collections, and my fiance' and I had our first child in 2013. I haven't apped for a card since 2011. I've been in the garden with my Capital One (who gave me a nice increase this past December!) and paying a new car loan since August of 2013. 

I figured I would give it a shot to see where I stood and was approved for a Victoria's Secret card. The limit isn't anything spectacular, but it's something to add to the garden. I am feeling extremely accomplished, as this trek in repairing my credit has been anything but easy. 

I'm not ready to start apping for non-store cards just yet. I'd like to see my scores go up higher. Since December of 12 I've managed to raise it 154 points. Now it's back to the garden for me!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Victoria's secret approval.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Message 2 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 8
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Keep up the great work!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats & keep up the good work Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.