Did you mean: 

Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)

@Walt_K wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

A solid gold credit card would weight 2 to 3 oz. and would be very vulnerable to deformation. It would take very little to put a bend in it since gold isn't "springy" and is especially notable for that. You bend it just a bit and it stays bent. It's also heavy and if you drop it it will dent. Permanently.

There is something very absurd about this story and I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

I wouldn't assume that because news outlets are reporting that it will be "pure" gold that they really mean it will be proof quality.  The card could be made of a gold alloy. 

Most likely gold spray paint from the nearest Lowe's or Home Depot...most likely purchased by the bank using their GE/Lowe's or Citi/HD credit cards... Smiley Tongue 

Message 11 of 12
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

A solid gold credit card would weight 2 to 3 oz. and would be very vulnerable to deformation. It would take very little to put a bend in it since gold isn't "springy" and is especially notable for that. You bend it just a bit and it stays bent. It's also heavy and if you drop it it will dent. Permanently.

There is something very absurd about this story and I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

I wouldn't assume that because news outlets are reporting that it will be "pure" gold that they really mean it will be proof quality.  The card could be made of a gold alloy. 

Most likely gold spray paint from the nearest Lowe's or Home Depot...most likely purchased by the bank using their GE/Lowe's or Citi/HD credit cards... Smiley Tongue 

No its real you have to understand the area it is issued in are how outlandish they make things out there... here is the link http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/01/visa-infinite-exclusive-card_n_2056535.html

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.