cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Von Maur approval & Care Credit/Macys Amex CLIs!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Von Maur approval & Care Credit/Macys Amex CLIs!

Hello everyone!

After my app spree at the end of October (See crazy app spree here ) I didn't think I would be posting again until next May when I apply for my Jeep loan. Of course nothing goes as planned and I found myself Christmas shopping with an obvious intent to further increase my credit. 

Last Friday I was on the Von Maur website shopping and I saw an ad to apply for their store card. They never charge interest and your monthly payment depends on your purchase amount. So I did what I always do and I researched their bank to make the decision if I wanted to waste another hard pull or not. I thought it was interesting the card was backed by their own financial institution and not a well known bank. After getting on here and reading a few accounts, and doing a little research myself, I decided to pull the trigger. Of course instant review we will let you know 7-10 message. Ok no problem. I figured I had a 50/50 shot. I always do better when it is a manual review and not an algorithm so I was hopeful. I didn't receive a hard pull until the following Monday (I applied late Friday evening) but still no word on decision. At that point I figured it was going to be snail mail denial.

Well fast forward to Thursday when I start getting credit alerts for a new account reporting. Low and behold I have a $500 credit line with Von Maur showing up on Equifax. This is the credit bureau they pulled as well. I know $500 is low but for no relationship and during Covid era I am grateful. 

So now that I added yet another inq to my reports...So thankful it wasn't added on TU or EX... I thought about trying to increase my other credit lines.

Today I decided to call Macys AMEX. After waiting 31 days since I opened the account I asked the nice gentleman on the phone if I may have a soft pull credit increase. I explained I wanted to charge to the card but I didn't want to charge more than 10% just incase I needed to carry a balance. He asked me to wait so he could check my account. 20 seconds later he said they would be happy to do a SP and asked how much. I asked for $5000 and they countered with $4000. $3000 increase after 1 month with a bank I have no relationship with... I'll take it! After that I proceded to try Banana Republic and Care Credit. Care Credit was an instant approval for a $2000 increase. Not huge but I opened that card this year and my utl is high on my other Synchrony cards right now. The Banana Republic was an instant denial.

I guess adding another $6500 to my credit lines isn't a bad way to end the year. With everything that has happened this year I am pretty happy about where my credit is heading. I know there are a lot of others less fortunate. Thank you again for the continued support from all of you and I hope you and your families have a wonderful holiday!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Von Maur approval & Care Credit/Macys Amex CLIs!

Congratulations on your approval and CLIs!
Message 2 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all your successes Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 9
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval and CLIs!

Message 5 of 9
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

That's great! Congratulations on your approvals!!

Message 6 of 9
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval and the increases!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone! It is a nice ending to the year and it brings optimism for 2021 Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and CLIs!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.