Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WELCOME NFCU FAMILY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WELCOME NFCU FAMILY

when i get the deposit back should i go to another big bank such as Boa or Citi to start with a secured that will turn into unsecured or just leave the secured cards alone

Message 11 of 48
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

First, congrats on getting a NFCU membership. You won’t regret it. 

Second, I have to give you the same advice I just gave on your DiscoverIT post.

You have a lot of CCs and inquiries. So with the $1K Disco approval and now this $700 NFCU approval, it really is time to garden and stop applying for CCs. These low limits are a hint that your credit profile is not quite what lenders are looking for. I think if you give yourself 12 months in the garden, you will see larger SLs. 

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 48
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

when i get the deposit back should i go to another big bank such as Boa or Citi to start with a secured that will turn into unsecured or just leave the secured cards alone

NO, you do not need any secured cards. You should close the open sky and credit one and get rid of those catalog cards, you don't need them.

And as others have advised go to the garden and do not apply for any more cards  when you began to get low SLs as with discover and navy, it's really time to gardenSmiley Happy You should let your accounts age atleast 6-12 months.

Good luck

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 13 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks JNBMOM for the tip also the rest of the forum for chiming in.......

Message 14 of 48
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks JNBMOM for the tip also the rest of the forum for chiming in.......

@Anonymous 

No problem,  you are doing well. Just stick around here and you will learn lots of useful information. 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 15 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do......garden here I come
Message 16 of 48
3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

Welcome Aboard!! Congrats!

As of 3/2022

EQ.-721  |  TU.-731  |  EX.-708

Top Cards:

AmEx Gold - $10,000 POT. BofA Americard $17,000 NFCU CR. $16,000 NFCU Plat.$15,000 FNBO Visa $14,800

Disco Miles $14,000 Chase FU $13,900 USAA Signature $13,000  PayPal MC $10,000 

Macy's AmEx $25,000 Macy's AmEx (upgraded) $25,000

Message 17 of 48
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. Navy could be that way to test you. Its 91/3 that makes you jump. I was only approved for 1k first card, 2nd card 25k. Waiting for when I really need credit to apply for the 3rd card. 1st card cli to 3k @ 6 mon.
Look into their Amex as they will improve the rewards to 3x dining, 3x tolls, ridesharing, public transport.
Message 18 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was anyones inquiries as bad as mine when you app for 2nd card and also the cli

Message 19 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also NFCU family, Do they like for you to pif or maintaining the under 7% util with their cards and/or on your credit profile?

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.