Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Amex approved without prior relationship

tag
noobody
Established Contributor

WF Amex approved without prior relationship

No prior relationship with Wells Fargo.

Fico in the 830-840 range, (was 850 in Feb, i am sure will drop a few points after i got instant approved US Bank PLOC with almost 20K, with AAoA, AoYA,HP, new account hits).

Applied propel Amex on 3/10, got pending message

They pulled My EX on 3/11, I called 3/13 to ask status.

Noobody: I want to ask my application status

WF: We already sent you a form SSA-89 to verify your ID.

Noobody: Can you please email me the form since i will be out of the country soon?

WF: we don't do email

Noobody: can I email you back after I fill and sign the form?

WF: you can't, we don't do email, But you can FAX the form back

Noobody: It's 2019, who is still use FAX machine, I can even find one.

WF: WE DO !!!

Received SSA-89 on 3/18, Fax back on the same day

called on 3/20, turned out the send me the form with wrong info prefilled, they pulled EX on me, but on the form they want me to auth them check with EQ to verify my ID, so they send form again on 3/20, 3/21

Another week goes by, received wrong from them on 3/29 with EQ info prefilled AGAIN!

went to the branch on 4/1 try to get correct form, no, they only have form with EQ prefilled.

so I just filled and faxed the form indicated: "ANY agent Wells Fargo designated" on 4/2 and talk to the credit department, the front line agent was able to change my status from declined (due to unable to verify ID) to pending.

called the status line again on 4/3.  APPROVED for 12K!!, exactly the average point of my previous 13 accounts

anybody knows if they match the bonus?

It was 30K points for 3K spending when i applied, but they add 20K extra points for 15K spending in 12 month on 3/18, guess i have to call them again when i received the card to find out

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WF Amex approved without prior relationship

Wow. You sure were dedicated to get that card. I can't believe a bank could be so antiquated and not move towards efficiency. Makes me not want to bother with WF. Well anyway, congrats and I hope they match the bonus. I honestly don't see why they couldn't but I'm sure YMMV.

Message 2 of 12
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow. You sure were dedicated to get that card. I can't believe a bank could be so antiquated and not move towards efficiency. Makes me not want to bother with WF. Well anyway, congrats and I hope they match the bonus. I honestly don't see why they couldn't but I'm sure YMMV.

I bank with them, and they refuse to give me a card. They are a bunch of blithering idiots frankly. I put enough money in and out of that bank as I pay all my bills through that account. Oh well. I got a US Bank Gold Checking since it's free for having a credit card there, and it's in my local Kroger owned grocery store. I may just start using that account to pay my bills.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 3 of 12
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Congrats on getting that approved. I would not have spent the time on the hassle for it personally.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noobody ... of late, I have found the Fax Machine is still alive and well. I keep one just in case! But, why would someone use a Fax Machine in 2019? Beyond me! Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Wow nice work! Great SL

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it all worked out in the end. Congrats OP! 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and monster SL !!!!!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! WF made it worth your trouble.

Message 9 of 12
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

WTG ===>  YOU deserve the GOLD Medal for Hoop Jumping!!!

CONGRATS on your Approval and the AWESOME SL!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.