Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Attune - took some extra effort but got it approved

tag
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

WF Attune - took some extra effort but got it approved

TL/DR:  new account velocity is very much being looked at for this card - I applied only a day after under 5/24 but probably would have been a better idea to wait a full cycle/additional month.

----

Full story: applied for DH on the day after 2 of his bankcard accounts went over 24 months - he was at 3/12 and 6/24 before, and when applied was at 2/12 and 4/24. 

I only unfroze EXP (that's what they used for Active Cash last year) ... got an immediate decline as TU was frozen. STUPID MISTAKE - I unfroze TU and reapplied, and that triggered an instant decline and was only able to find out it was due to "duplicate application." 

Unfroze everything, called in and talked to rep. who noted the duplication and why, and noted that all CBRs were unfrozen, sent back to underwriting. Got an INQ alert about 30 minutes later and the following day I checked and it was again declined and was told had to wait for letter as "it was a credit decision."

I got the letter a week later, "too many revolving bankcards in past 24 months." Called again, asked if 2/12 and 4/12 were too many? Rep didn't think so, noted that in a request back into underwriting, and voilla, in about 45 minutes got the "welcome, you've been approved" email. Same CL as 1 year old Active Cash (20k).

Datapoints: 834 TU FICO (as reported by WF in the welcome notes)/773 Vantage TU (CreditKarma), large income, 20+ open trades over 24 years, 1 INQ 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: WF Attune - took some extra effort but got it approved

That's what I call persistence, congratulations on your DH's approval.

Message 2 of 12
wingennis
Valued Contributor

You worked hard for that well-earned approval!

Message 3 of 12
Rdbeetle
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval! Your effort paid off.

SchoolsFirst FCU Rewards WMC $25k
US Bank Cash+ $15k
AMEX BCP $10k
FICO 8 Scores: EQ 815 I EX 811 I TU 808
Message 4 of 12
keekers
Valued Contributor

Congrats.

Message 5 of 12
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on very nice starting cland yes it pays some times to call in Wf alows you to talk to real people. I also have the attune card with 10K limit also did a recon for higher limit. Again enjoy the new creditcard.

Message 6 of 12
MissLiz
Frequent Contributor

Worth it! Congratulations!

“A woman’s best protection is a little money of her own.” – Clare Boothe Luce
Message 7 of 12
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Congrats

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $18,000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $40,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ FNBO JEEP DRIVE PLUS CARD $7700/ APPLE CARD $6500/ CAPITAL ONE SAVORONE $3000 SL

SOCK DRAWERED / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 8 of 12
DaWhole9
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  I am seriously looking at that card as possibly me next one.  Trying to get as close to 5-6% rewards in as many categories as possible.  This gets me to 4% in a few.

Message 9 of 12
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That’s Terrific!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.