cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Propel Approved

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

WF Propel Approved

Clearly the Amex HH approval wasn't enough to satisfy my appetite. Probably because of the sad $1000 SL. Anyway, decided to unfreeze the reports last night to apply for the AKC card from cometity but the site was broken. So there I was checking my account balances on Wells Fargo's site where I saw the banner for the propel and thought let's roll the dice. 

I applied and was told I would be hearing from them in 5-7 days. I then received an email imediately from IDNotify by Experian letting me know that a credit inquiry was blocked. I couldn't understand how this was possible but at 9pm MST there was no one to talk to until today. However, when I woke up I got a notification that they had instead pulled Equifax (presumably because they thought my EXP was locked). 

I went into the branch today to do some clerical tasks and I inquired about the card. The banker said she could see it was approved but with no other info. I called the application line where the rep told me in was a SL of 2000. I have no doubt the only reason the card was approved was because of the banking relationship aspect. Regardless, I am just happy to grab the card and the SUB Smiley Very Happy !!!!!

DPs:

Exp Fico 9: 642

TU Fico Score 8: 641

Age of Oldest: 8 years (closed was an AU)

AAoA: 1y10m

Inquires: 5/12 | 10/24

Util: 50%

No Derogs and new Amex is not reporting yet

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Established Contributor

Re: WF Propel Approved

Congrats on your approval!!
Message 2 of 14
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 3 of 14
Established Contributor

tenorBam!

Message 4 of 14
Valued Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your WF Propel approval and Thanks for the DPs!!! 

AMEX BCE $4K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $12.2K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $12.5K | Discover $15.5K | OpenSky $300 BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) | BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K |
Apple Card MC $6K
TCL - 100K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 5 of 14
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval! Enjoy the new card. 

"Hover mouse over cards to see CL and APR info"

Message 6 of 14
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval!! Enjoy!

Aug 2019:

Stats:
Message 7 of 14

Congrats on the approval.. Now time to work on that utilization and get that down

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | 5/3rd | Synovus | Commerce | FNBO | Union Bank | Regions
Message 8 of 14
Contributor

Well done !!!
Happy sending !
I want the Propel Card too. Guess I should open a WF deposit account first though to increase my chases.
GoingGold
*UPDATED AS OF 07/07/2019*
EQ: 715 ___ TU: 711 ___ EX: 698
Utlz:1% ___ Old Lates/COs: 2 ___ Collections: 0 ___ Public Records: 0 ___ Last Late: 2.1 yrs ___ AAoA: 7.1 yrs ___ AAoOA: 23.10 yrs

AMEX PLATINUM ___ AMEX GOLD = $3,000 (P.O.T) ___ AMEX BONVOY BRILLIANT = $5,000 ___ AMEX CASH MAGNET = $1,000
CAP ONE VENTURE = $30,000 ___ CAP ONE QUICKSILVER = $3,500 ___ CAP ONE PLATINUM SECURED = $500
BANK OF AMERICA CASH REWARDS = $15,000 ___ BANK OF AMERICA PREMIUM REWARDS = $15,000
DISCOVER IT MILES = $15,000 ___ FIDELITY INVESTMENTS CASH REWARDS = $12,500
**TOTAL OVERALL CREDIT LIMIT = $97,500, or $100,500 if you include the Amex Gold P.O.T option CL.
Message 9 of 14
Contributor

Congrats on a great new card! I bank with WF too and they have been good to me!
FICO 8 Scores 4/1/2018: 694 EX 714 EQ 740 TU FICO 8 Scores 6/16/2019 770 EX 798 EQ 791 TU

WF Cash Wise $18,800 [] PenFed Power Cash $20,000 [] BOA $4,900 [] HSBC Cash Rewards $2,750 [] Discover It $4,600 [] Maurice’s $5,000 [] CO Savor $15,000 [] NFCU Flagship $10,000 [] Amex Rose Gold [] Walmart $800
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.