Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT IN THE NAVY FED!!!

tag
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Re: WHAT IN THE NAVY FED!!!

Honestly, look in the approvals treads. Reread the treads on navy of recent. That should give you a better idea on how people are succeeding. Then go from there. The reason I say slightly higher, is in case they counter offer. I will be looking to see what you decide in the am. I have to hit it here. Best of luck on whatever you decide.
Message 21 of 35
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Thanks for always being encouragement @Traveler101

I will read the threads and let you know if I try it.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 22 of 35
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

🤔🤔 Not until January @AllZero which is what had me thinking forget the $250. NFCU was not doing it in the beginning (holding funds). Seemed liked the more I put through.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan

Message 23 of 35
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

@AllZero that’s exactly what I was thinking 🤔 They have about 10 messages from me. They know I am trying to get the $250. Wells Fargo is the bank I’ve used since 2005. Hard to leave when I’ve had no issues with them

I may try the message. I was running my bills through them to get the 250.00. NOT spending extra money.

Message 24 of 35
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
@AllZero that’s exactly what I was thinking 🤔 They have about 10 messages from me. They know I am trying to get the $250. Wells Fargo is the bank I’ve used since 2005. Hard to leave when I’ve had no issues with them

I may try the message. I was running my bills through them to get the 250.00. NOT spending extra money.

You pull payments from your Wells account?

Do you have any funds in your Navy checking, savings account? If not, have you considered keeping funds in there to pay the CC? It might be quicker?

Message 25 of 35
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

@AllZero I’ve been pulling from my Wells Account. I guess this is there way of pushing me in that direction. I will probably make NFCU my primary bank. I am comfortable with WF. Never any issues.

I probably will need to pull money from my WF savings and put in NFCU.

Message 26 of 35
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ You don't have to make them your primary. However, got to think of solutions for a problem.

Keep enough funds in there so you won't have any delay posting payments. Thus, able to meet your sign up bonus organically.

To build my internal score with Navy, I did direct deposit and SSL. Look into their other products too: CD, IRA, etc. SSL if you don't have an installment loan. Throw a few dollars weekly, monthly into the savings account.
Message 27 of 35
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Ok maybe I will switch one of my direct deposits to NFCU. SSL is also a thought.

Thanks @AllZero

Message 28 of 35
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ You're welcome. Good luck.

Message 29 of 35
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇ATTACK APPROVED
🥳🎁😆🎉🎊🎈💯🦄🌈💯
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.