Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHOA!!! PenFed - 17.5 SL- 2 years post BK

tag
Phoenixupward
Regular Contributor

Re: WHOA!!! PenFed - 17.5 SL- 2 years post BK

Thank you.  You are on a good start for rebuilding.  I use the AZEO method religiously.  When I apped my score EQ score was 701 and my utilization was 1%.  I have 1 student loan.  Keep the faith.  I burned everyone except for Amex and Discover. I burned cap 1 but they took me back at 1 year post bk discharge.  Good Luck. 

Message 21 of 47
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 22 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congrats!! This is the first card I'm going for after I close on my house in November.  I've been a penfed member since May and the other day I received an offer in the mail to apply for that card, so hoping I can get approved when the time comes!

Message 23 of 47
Openwater
Established Contributor

Congrats! Well done! I'm hoping to try for the PCR in February of 21. I hope I can achieve something like that!

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 24 of 47
Phoenixupward
Regular Contributor

Thank you.  I'm still riding high.  My EQ at the time I apped was 701 and my utilization was 1 percent.  No recent inquiries.  I decided to try because I knew I had received some nice CLIs that would offset the temporary ding to my credit report for the inquiry. Good luck and have patience.  

Message 25 of 47
Phoenixupward
Regular Contributor

Thank you. I see your Bk was discharged in October 2018, my BK was discharged July 2018. It's good to hear that you are preparing to buy a house this year.  It's actually a great time to buy because the interest rates are low.  Good luck and I hope you find the home that you desire.  🙂

Message 26 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phoenixupward  Super Congrats on your monster PenFed approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 47
Phoenixupward
Regular Contributor

Thank you. A few moments ago, I logged into my PenFed account and my new account has been added🙂.  This financial accomplishment really perked me up and brightened my summer.  🙂 

Message 28 of 47
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Phoenixupward 

Grats on the great PenFed SL.

Please post about your CapOne upgrade too.

Message 29 of 47
Phoenixupward
Regular Contributor

@NoMoreE46  My Cap 1 was automatic.  I received an email stating how excellent  I handled my account and invited me to upgrade  to Quicksilver.  I have a few recurring charges per month. I don't use my Cap 1 that much outside of those charges. 

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.