Valued Contributor

Re: WHOA!!! PenFed - 17.5 SL- 2 years post BK

Congratulations!

Message 12 of 47
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Phoenixupward wrote:

Thank you.  I have worked extremely hard but I've gotten so much help from this forum especially from @FireMedic1  I believe in learning from your mistakes.  

Thanks for the kind words. Man you hit the flippin jackpot. Congrats @Phoenixupward Massive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC @ 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 13 of 47
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your PenFed Power Cash Rewards approval and nice SL!

Current FICO 8:

Credit Age (EX/TU):

Inquiries:

Message 14 of 47
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 15 of 47
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

PenFed can be quite generous if they like you. 

Congrats!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $400k unsecured credit in 2020.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

5% Rotating - Discover                         5%-20% - Amazon & Lowes                   3-6% Groceries - NFCU & Amex Preferred
3-5% Gas - NFCU & Ducks Unl            4% Dining & Entertain - Savor               3% Travel & Hotels - Flagship, Propel, & Uber
2% Everything - Flagship & Syncrony

Message 16 of 47
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'm stunned. I still can't believe it.  I keep looking at my confirmation email and my eyes are not deceiving me.  But, I want to thank you. You have given me such awesome advice.  You told me to stop applying which I did and allow my accounts to age.  I utilized the AZEO method which has worked well for me. When I apped today, my utilization was 1% and my EQ score was 701.  Again, thanks for the kudos.  It's because of your awesomeness I'm experiencing this credit victory. Blessings. 

Message 17 of 47
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thank you. I guess they do.  They like me.  They really, really like me 🙂

Message 18 of 47
Highlighted
New Contributor

Congrats! I've recently joined Penfed and this gives me hope, being 1 year post bk, that once I hit the 2 year mark, things might actually work out for me. Smiley Happy

FICO 8 on 5/31/19 ~~ EQ: 608, TU: 545, EX: 585
BK 7 DC'd 7/9/19
FICO 8 on 07/25/20 ~~ EQ: 675, TU: 658, EX: 651
FICO 9 on 07/26/20 ~~ EQ: 661, TU: 687, EX: 636

Indigo $300 [O: 05/'19; C: 03/'20]
Credit One $650
Fingerhut Credit $1,000
NFCU CashRewards $2500
Ollo Rewards Mastercard $1,700

EQ FICO 9 from NFCU on 07/03/20: 650
AAoA: EQ - 7yr11mo, TU - 7yr11mo, EX - 5yr4mo (as of 07/26/20); INQ are 4 EQ, 3 TU, and 6 EX.

My DPs: mainly 1099 worker w/ ~3k/mo income, 1 private student loan and 2 federal consolidated loans ~75k IBR, had perfect 5 year payment history with 0 derogs until 90 day lates prior to filing BK. Burned Sync (Carecredit, Newegg), Discover IT, Cap 1 (2 cards), Chase (2 cards), Barclays, Comenity (Wayfair) and Target.
Message 19 of 47
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Phoenixupward 

Happy dance for you! Smiley LOLSmiley LOL Congratulations on your awesome SL! 👍

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.