Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW Chase is subprime now!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WOW Chase is subprime now!

Friend pre-qualified for Freedom and Slate...

Instant Approved Freedom $500

His TU is 579, I can only assume EX is just as bad as it has 1 on time car loan 6 months and 8 collection or late accounts.

Chase Pre-Qual ACCURATE!!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: WOW Chase is subprime now!

It just says more that we never know what qualifications the lenders are looking at for approvals. They can be so varied.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 17
Pway
Valued Contributor

Wow, that is the lowest score I have seen Chase approved someone for.  Congrats to the friend.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Friend pre-qualified for Freedom and Slate...

Instant Approved Freedom $500

His TU is 579, I can only assume EX is just as bad as it has 1 on time car loan 6 months and 8 collection or late accounts.

Chase Pre-Qual ACCURATE!!!

There was a recent approval post with an even lower score. And if I recall correctly, they got two cards.

Message 4 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes I saw that I had him a apply for the slate too which was showing preapproved and it went to review.
funny thing is we ran the preapproval for capital one and they offered secured only
Message 5 of 17
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Wow, there's been a few posts on people with sub 600 fico's getting approved, hmmm odd
Message 6 of 17
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

And Chase denied me Amazon card (now that I think about it I don't need it) when I had my scores in 620s. I had collections that were paid and one CO account. They said that they wanted to see more history. That was last Sept when I was already an AU on Chase Sapphire card. 

Who knows what Chase is thinking.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe Chase recently made some adjustments to how they calculate their CARS score. If would be interesting if we could get that number from a sample of low Fico approvals to compare. I still have both my CARS scores and corresponding Fico's.

Message 8 of 17
redpat
Senior Contributor

It's to raise earnings, lol.

Really, $500 CL not much risk for return. They are just hoping balances are carried.
Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 9 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'll ask my friend for it when he receives his card
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.