cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW!!! Crazy Venture card approval 1 yr post BK!!

tag
panthersguy
New Contributor

WOW!!! Crazy Venture card approval 1 yr post BK!!

So a few days ago, I decided to apply for the Cap1 Ventue card. I currently have the QS and Platinum MC and a SONY Visa. Have used the QS like crazy putting probaby $3-5K a month on it and paying it off or leaving the 1% balance on it. My current limit on it is $5500. We filed for BK last May and was DC'd in August. Got all the cards shortly after that. We do travel from time to time so figured earning miles would save us some money on airfare.

I tried the prequalification page and got nothing although I believe since I opted out of L/N it may affect it some, but not totally positive on this. I applied on 8/16 and got the "we need more time to process" message. I figured/hoped it may be a verification thing so I called them and they pretty much said I would get a letter. A couple of days later, I got a letter telling me to call them to verify some info. The usual questions, previous address etc....The rep told me I should hear something in the next day or so. Well today I get a letter from Cap1. I bent the envelope to see if there was a card in it. There was not, but it WAS a little thicker than the usual decline letter.

I opened the letter and it says "Great news, you've been approved for a credit card issued by Capital One with a $20000 credit limit!!!!!!!!!!!! I was totaly shocked when I saw the limit. Honestly I figured I would probably get approved since they did verification process, but never thought they would give me that high a limit!!! I'm still in shock!!!!!

A little info because I know folks will want to know : Current FICO EX 677 8 INQ , TU 670 5 inq, EQ 675 10 inq(was frozen for app) . Current total CL's $57K with 1% uti highest Cl is $5500. Weird thing is their letter said my EX score was 646 vs the 677 it actually is. Oh well, still approved!!!!!

Thought I'd share this for those of us who have been through a BK to show you there is hope for higher limits if you treat your cards and lenders right ....

Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW!!! Crazy Venture card approval 1 yr post BK!!

Good job!! Enjoy it.

Message 2 of 12
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you enjoy your new card.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Venture approval, and the enormous SL!  Would you mind sharing earnings info, to go along with the other stats you provided?  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice approval, I love mine! Congrats!
Message 5 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats... Suprised you got it with EQ froozen.

Message 6 of 12
panthersguy
New Contributor

No problem, annual income is $125k....

Message 7 of 12
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Crazy Cap One Luv !  Nice job and congrats on your success. Keep at it . There's life after BK.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 8 of 12
panthersguy
New Contributor

thanks, I appreciate it....there definitely is!!!!!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job! Congrats!

Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.