Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW NFCU hooked it up Cash Rewards 10K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW NFCU hooked it up Cash Rewards 10K

I was trying to hold out until I have the $500 to apply for the secured card through NFCU. I already have 3 secured cards Greendot $300.00 (i know Smiley Sad  CITI $200.00 discover $600.00 My score jumped into the low 600's after a collection dropped off and I decided to apply for the Cash Rewards. Applied on my phone and BOOM! Instant approval for 10K I was shocked. I started off with a Checking and savings in June. Not sure if that had helped but I will take it none the less.  Hoping to clear off the Just paid off one of the collections and hoping to clear the other two off in the next few months. 

Some data points below

Utilization 41%

Trans FICO Bankcard 8 626

Collections 3

HP 3 in 2018/ 3 in 2017

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: WOW NFCU hooked it up Cash Rewards 10K

Congrats! A nice SL that will help your credit grow. That will help drop your overall utilization.
Message 2 of 11
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your five figure Cash Rewards approval! Will definitely help your utilization! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was trying to hold out until I have the $500 to apply for the secured card through NFCU. I already have 3 secured cards Greendot $300.00 (i know Smiley Sad  CITI $200.00 discover $600.00 My score jumped into the low 600's after a collection dropped off and I decided to apply for the Cash Rewards. Applied on my phone and BOOM! Instant approval for 10K I was shocked. I started off with a Checking and savings in June. Not sure if that had helped but I will take it none the less.  Hoping to clear off the Just paid off one of the collections and hoping to clear the other two off in the next few months. 

Some data points below

Utilization 41%

Trans FICO Bankcard 8 626

Collections 3

HP 3 in 2018/ 3 in 2017

Super Congrats on your Navy Fed Cash Rewards $10,000 SL!!! Smiley Very Happy

A 10k card with a TU Bankcard 8 626 is quite an accomplishment. Well done! Smiley Very Happy

Just did some quick math: with the addition of your Cash Rewards card,

your overall utilization just nose dived from 41% to 4.1%. You should be

very proud of yourself! As long as you care and feed your cards, odds are

really high that Navy Fed will continue to be generous and treat you well. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats again on your approval. Thanks for sharing!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU puzzles me.  My scores and util are in the same range yet I can't get an approval for nothing.  The only difference is the BK which was discharged earlier this year but one would think a BK would look better than 3 collections.

Congrats on a nice approval!!  Hopefully one day I will be there.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU puzzles me.  My scores and util are in the same range yet I can't get an approval for nothing.  The only difference is the BK which was discharged earlier this year but one would think a BK would look better than 3 collections.

Congrats on a nice approval!!  Hopefully one day I will be there.  Smiley Happy

I can't get anything from them either besides my first cash rewards for $500.

Depending on the collections, I think they look better than a BK. A person still has a chance to take care of those. Someone who has filed BK has proven they can't and didn't take care of them.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heck I'd take the Cash Rewards with the 500 SL right now!  Smiley Happy 

Hopefully one day. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Mine doesn't get whole lot of love but the NFCU rates make it worth while. Maybe one day I'll be able to get limit increase to match yours. Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.