cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW that was fast Capital One Executive Office!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WOW that was fast Capital One Executive Office!

Partner sent e-mail about 2 hours ago... E-mail included:

1. Interest rate at 17.9% is not in line with Capital One's own Cards for Excellent Credit.  (They could only reduce down to original rate after promo back when card was opened (2006) and that was 13.9% = Done

2.  Rewards not as good as current offers. (Offered Venture) We only want Cash... = They PC to Cash 1% with .50% bonus each year on cash back earned!

3.  Credit Line not in line with other creditors. - Currently $7500, asked for $25,000. and she said to allow her 3 days to call back with what they could do, she also asked if less than $5k would be acceptable which he said yes... I'll update when she calls back! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

Re: WOW that was fast Capital One Executive Office!

Wow, who did you e-mail?  Forgive me if this is another thread, I'm sort of new to reading the boards.  I have tried several times for CLI from CAP One, and have had no success.

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 2 of 30
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

I'm having the same problem...hate to ask but...could u plse pm me the email address or where u found the info...thanks so much!!

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 30
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Me too! Please PM me the info.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:
I'm having the same problem...hate to ask but...could u plse pm me the email address or where u found the info...thanks so much!!

haha, the last thread for this is like 15 pages... why can't we get an exception to have the e-mail posted MODS! Smiley Happy  (with sugar on top for a happy new year!)

Message 5 of 30
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Partner sent e-mail about 2 hours ago... E-mail included:

1. Interest rate at 17.9% is not in line with Capital One's own Cards for Excellent Credit.  (They could only reduce down to original rate after promo back when card was opened (2006) and that was 13.9% = Done

2.  Rewards not as good as current offers. (Offered Venture) We only want Cash... = They PC to Cash 1% with .50% bonus each year on cash back earned!

3.  Credit Line not in line with other creditors. - Currently $7500, asked for $25,000. and she said to allow her 3 days to call back with what they could do, she also asked if less than $5k would be acceptable which he said yes... I'll update when she calls back! Smiley Happy

Best of luck to you !

I called a young lady back today to inquire about something from the last discussion we had a couple of months ago. The message was left around noon (as I suspected she was at lunch), but she phoned back within an hour & resolved my concern so quickly that I was totally amazed. Waived the annual fee for one of my cards where it shouldn't bil (unless I change to a product that carries one) & added cash rewards effective immediately. A couple of months ago she was able to get an APR decrease of 5 points for that card & I was happy even then. But she has been a joy to work with....I'd bet we are working with the same lady !

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 6 of 30
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Yeah, it appears the only way at the moment to get Capone to do something is to either file a complaint with the BBB or call their Exec office.  I was simply tired of their silly responses to everything that I filed a complaint with the BBB.  They, in their infinite wisdom or some ploy, wanted to talk about the Household card I have.  It actually took a day to realize this after getting a response from the BBB.  It also took a little effort to get to the right exec office for my actual Capone card to get the ball rolling.  When I finally did get the right department they removed the annual fee and raised my limit from $500 to $2000.  This was less than I said I would settle for, but at least it was a start.  I will see if they start to actually treat this account responsibly in the future, but I doubt it!  The new year might bring some changes to their policies, or more lawsuits might too!  They seem to only react to lawsuit penalties in their business strategy. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: WOW that was fast Capital One Executive Office! UPDATE...

My Partner came in and woke me up this morning to say Capital One had called this morning and they increased his Credit Line to $15,000!!

Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW that was fast Capital One Executive Office! UPDATE...

@Creditaddict wrote:

My Partner came in and woke me up this morning to say Capital One had called this morning and they increased his Credit Line to $15,000!!

wow congratas I have the venture card and I have 10,000 for 2 years it stays the same. no balance

Message 9 of 30
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

Sent an e-mail on Friday, they called me that afternoon to review some information with me.  This morning I get a phone call advising they increased my limit from 500 to 1500.

Thanks everyone for the info here!

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.