cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW that was fast Capital One Executive Office!

tag
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

Re: WOW that was fast Capital One Executive Office!

Congrats...glad it worked for ya!

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 21 of 30
pmmeredith

Wrote an email to the CEO last night and i also cc'ed customerservice, well i received a call from the executive office this morning. She was incredibly friendly asked me a few financial questions. Then said she would forward my case to an underwriter for a manual review. She said she would contact me in the next day or so to follow up. I have been stuck at $3,500 since the accounts inception. The account is probably 2 years old now at this point. I told the agent I would accept any sort of line increase, she said well what would like to put in for and we can always counter if we can't grant the full amount. I went for the round $10,000. I have excellent credit, never missed never late on any accounts. My last pull was 829, in July of last year. I have not carried a balance on this card. I use the card for everything from bills to daily purchases. I also have other accounts with competiting banks with lines over $12,000. I went through all the customer service numbers to no avail and just decided to take a chance and fire the email off, and to my surprise it was actually read. 

I'll keep everyone informed as to the final result, but I would like to thank the administrators and community for all there credit help and knowledge over the years. 

SchoolsFirstFCU Platinum Visa - 25k, AmEx Costco - 18.6k, AmEx PRG - NPSL, BofA 123Cash VisaSig - 16.5k, CapOne MC - 10K, CapOne VisaSig - 10k, Citi CashReturns World MC- 14.1k, Chase SP VisaSig - 10k
Message 22 of 30
Boy
Established Member

Please PM me the info.
Message 23 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

Good Luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 24 of 30
pmmeredith

So just a little update, I happen to check my account today, and I see my credit line has gone from $3,500 to $10,000. I have not yet heard back from the executive office after our initial phone call. However, this is proof positive that ask and you shall receive still happens. I consider this the largest win in my credit history, considering the history I'm sure most of us have had with CapitalOne.

Now to anyone wondering, I just simply wrote an email after many tier one phone calls to reps and online chats with reps. I didn't down CapitalOne in the letter in any way. In fact I said you're my first choice when pulling a card out of my wallet, because... and I listed a few reasons, but, I said, my limit has forced me to use competitors plastic. I stated that I like for my relationships to grow with the bank I'm with, things of this sort. I put genuine thought into the letter and I didn't expect anything. Remember folks they are "lenders", so we can't much blame them for the conservative lending practices, if it were myself lending I know I would be the same way. 

I would like to say I am incredibly happy with my results but on the other hand I'm slightly miffed that I had to write an email to the CEO of my bank for anything to get done, having said that, I'm bewildered he took the time to read it at all.  

So that's been my 2 day executive office experience with CapitalOne, Thanks again to this board and its contributors over the years.

SchoolsFirstFCU Platinum Visa - 25k, AmEx Costco - 18.6k, AmEx PRG - NPSL, BofA 123Cash VisaSig - 16.5k, CapOne MC - 10K, CapOne VisaSig - 10k, Citi CashReturns World MC- 14.1k, Chase SP VisaSig - 10k
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everybody,

I am a long time reader this is my first post. I seen a lot of people have had great luck with this special email and wanted to know if someone could please send it so i can give it a shot I would greatly appreciate it.  I have had my card for 4 or 5 years. I started at 1,000 then got an increase like 2 years later to 4,500 and have been stuck at that limit. I have aways been nervous to call and ask so i haven't.( dint want a hard pull)  I owe about 4,100 on it but I am going to pay it in full when my next bill is due which is 18th so sometime after that I was going to ask for a CLI. I also have a BOA with 8,500 and a AMEX Blue with 6,200. I would appreciate someone response Thanks

Message 26 of 30
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

Exec office rocks.

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 27 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@pmmeredith wrote:

So just a little update, I happen to check my account today, and I see my credit line has gone from $3,500 to $10,000. I have not yet heard back from the executive office after our initial phone call. However, this is proof positive that ask and you shall receive still happens. I consider this the largest win in my credit history, considering the history I'm sure most of us have had with CapitalOne.

Now to anyone wondering, I just simply wrote an email after many tier one phone calls to reps and online chats with reps. I didn't down CapitalOne in the letter in any way. In fact I said you're my first choice when pulling a card out of my wallet, because... and I listed a few reasons, but, I said, my limit has forced me to use competitors plastic. I stated that I like for my relationships to grow with the bank I'm with, things of this sort. I put genuine thought into the letter and I didn't expect anything. Remember folks they are "lenders", so we can't much blame them for the conservative lending practices, if it were myself lending I know I would be the same way. 

I would like to say I am incredibly happy with my results but on the other hand I'm slightly miffed that I had to write an email to the CEO of my bank for anything to get done, having said that, I'm bewildered he took the time to read it at all.  

So that's been my 2 day executive office experience with CapitalOne, Thanks again to this board and its contributors over the years.

you have a PM

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could someone please send me a pm with the email. I would appreciate it Thanks

Message 29 of 30
Mama-j
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Could someone please send me a pm with the email. I would appreciate it Thanks

Link is listed on the second page.

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.