cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTH? The CLs with each new card, keep dropping, lol. Cap One WM card approval....

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: WTH? The CLs with each new card, keep dropping, lol. Cap One WM card approval....

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

With the way times are right now. Higher prime rate and so on. You can blame that possibly. I believe @M_Smart007 posted a CC debt on the rise graph. Or somebody else. All the banks will get stingier as time goes on I believe.

@FireMedic1, Good Memory!

https://wallethub.com/edu/cc/credit-card-debt-study/24400

@M_Smart007  So no dementia. Yet. Smiley Very Happy

@FireMedic1, The first sign is denial smiley-laughing emoticon.gif

Message 11 of 18
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Re: WTH? The CLs with each new card, keep dropping, lol. Cap One WM card approval....

Congrats on your Capital One Walmart Rewards approval

Message 12 of 18
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

With the way times are right now. Higher prime rate and so on. You can blame that possibly. I believe @M_Smart007 posted a CC debt on the rise graph. Or somebody else. All the banks will get stingier as time goes on I believe. Congrats though!!!!!!!!!!

3 in year....now 4.....maybe calls for a hmmmmmmmmmm Smiley Happy

Edit: Ha! Posted 1 minute after @SouthJamaica . Must have been typing at the same time. Smiley Happy

This Cap One WM MC is the 3rd in 12 months, heck 18 months, the 2nd this 2022 calendar year.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 13 of 18
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@ptatohed  you've got a seriously strong set of profile credentials right there. THEY MUST BE CRAZY!

Message 14 of 18
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@ptatohed . . . Lower limits, that's a real bummer . . . Congrats on your Cap One WM Card approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 15 of 18
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Walmart approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 16 of 18
calisig
Regular Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

With the way times are right now. Higher prime rate and so on. You can blame that possibly. I believe @M_Smart007 posted a CC debt on the rise graph. Or somebody else. All the banks will get stingier as time goes on I believe.

@FireMedic1, Good Memory!

https://wallethub.com/edu/cc/credit-card-debt-study/24400

(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)

When I see these numbers, I always wonder how much of this is PIF vs balance carry. Inflation alone could account for $581 increase in California, so from that perspective it seems illogical for banks to reduce credit simply because this chart shows an increse. It seems like the statistic that would cause banks to reduce credit would be any increase in balance carry accounts ... but I'm not a banker, so what seems logical to me might not be what is logical for banks ...

13Oct22 Exp F8: 812
Message 17 of 18
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!!  Congratulations on your WalMart approval!!🎉🍾🥂

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.