Not applicable

Re: Walmart Approval, Decent Limit, Only Store Card Though

Congrats to you on your very nice approval!  Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm new to the forum, but I've seen a lot of great collaborating here so I decided to sign-up. I look forward to learning a lot, building my credit, and sharing any possible knowledge with all of you.

Anyways,

I applied for Walmart about a year ago and they denied me. I know Walmart is tricky for a lot of people, even those with good scores. I tried again a couple days ago and I was approved for the store card with a CL of $1100. I'm happy to have this limit added, as it will help me keep my utilization down.

Pulled TU. Ironically, I think my TU score is worse now than a year ago.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 22 of 32
Grafton88
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm new to the forum, but I've seen a lot of great collaborating here so I decided to sign-up. I look forward to learning a lot, building my credit, and sharing any possible knowledge with all of you.

Anyways,

I applied for Walmart about a year ago and they denied me. I know Walmart is tricky for a lot of people, even those with good scores. I tried again a couple days ago and I was approved for the store card with a CL of $1100. I'm happy to have this limit added, as it will help me keep my utilization down.

Pulled TU. Ironically, I think my TU score is worse now than a year ago.

Congrats on your success.  

I got my Walmart card in December 2015 with a CL of only $150.  It felt like a slap in the face, however I was in the door.  Several months later they gave me an small auto CLI.  A couple of months after that I called and asked for $10K and they countered with $6K.  I am happy with that.

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit is a zero sum game boys and girls. 

$6,000 is a toy limit with Walmart.

Trust me I know because I had that exact amount you got nine months ago and 11 months ago I had a $400 Walmart store card.

Now I have a $25,000 Walmart MasterCard credit line...and I'm not done asking for CLI's until I hit $35,000.

You're in the $6K bucket right now, the next bump is usually to $10K. Ask for a CLI after FOUR statements have passed to $15,000 and let them counter back. If they deny you completely (how they denied me 5 months in a row) keep asking once a month after each statement closes. 

9-27-15 Walmart $400.jpg

Walmart Before-After 10-5-15.jpg

Walmart Before & After 5-31-16.jpg

Walmart Before-After 7-26-16.jpg

Message 24 of 32
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP, and WOW on the sucess with all those screeen shots! I had a wlmart discover that i closed. After i closed it, it got changed to walmart mastercard and it still shows up on my login with a great limit (grr) I've called synchrony numerous times and they wont open it, or upgrade my current walmart store acct.

Again Very impressive, that growth to 25k.

Message 26 of 32
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you  !!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 27 of 32
BIGSTARXXX
New Contributor

congrats -- if you don't mind me asking what was your TU score ?  CS is generous with recon on limits, but there seems to be a cut-off on scores -- my wife got an increase from 150 to 5000 on her WM MC when her TU got to 703. My Amazon store card is stuck at 800 , and my TU is 679.

edit: my reply was in response to creditlife, thanks

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BigStarXXX

You're going to want to address in your post what member you are you asking the TU score question to?
Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BIGSTARXXX  

My FICO TU was 640 at the time, I'm pretty sure. As of right now it's ~674. Regardless, I know for sure your TU score is better than mine was when I did it. If you've had your Amazon account for a while and used it regularly enough, you should have no problem getting an increase.

Although Amazon does much better business than Walmart, I feel that they probably aren't as leniant with credit; so although most people here would tell you to ask for a higher increase and see if they give you a counter offer so you don't leave money on the table, sometimes it's better to not be 'greedy'. I think my Amazon starting limit was $600, and before I initiated the increase I had gotten auto-cli to $1200, but that took forever.

It won't hurt you to call and try. I'm glad I did. I've already decreased my utilization by over 10% by asking for CLI.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.