Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Approval! In with Syncrony :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Approval! In with Syncrony :)

My rebuild has come along quite nicely and decided to give walmart a try.  I submitted the application online and after getting the call us screen to verify info, the rep told me I was approved for $900.  I know this is a bit better than some of the initial lines given to new card holders in my situation (Ive seen some get $150).  

Now the million dollar question (or actually, the couple thousand in credit question)  I see you guys work your magic to get the line boosted substantially on these cards, what is the best way to go about getting the line increased?  Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Approval! In with Syncrony :)

Congratulations on your new Walmart card! Very excited for you! Smiley Happy

Calling Credit Solutions is the best way to get your credit line increased; however, it will be difficult to get an increase with a 641 TU score. Use the card frequently and pay in full to establish a solid history with Synchrony. You will have a better chance of success with a CLI once your score is closer to 660. Hope this helps a bit. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 3 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your new Walmart card!

Message 4 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, thanks for the info!  Putting spend through Wal-Mart and Amazon wont be an issue, Ill try to boost this up when my scores are a bit higher!  

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

major Congrats!!!  Walmart On-line shopping now a with 3% Back!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
yoyo
Established Contributor

Hello, My card was issued at $1,200. After registering the card I did a chat and requested a CLI of my highest card of $15,000 or $3,750.
They appoved it to $3,500. Which was crazy because when I got the pre approval in the mail and did the app on the phone...I automatically asked for a larger line.
They said no and I got the CLI denial letter in the mail.

My score at app was 668.  Try it chat...it won't hurt.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a good limit with a 641 TU score. Wait till after your 4th statement to get more. That also gives you time to increase your score and show a payment history.

Message 9 of 12
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.