Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Approved

First post, been working on rebuilding my credit over the past 2 years. I have found some of the personal credit rebuilding stories here extremely useful so I hope to be able to contribute some information. I will post my own in time but I wanted to share my Walmart CC approval.

Got approved today with 630 TU score for a $600 limit. Only other card I have is a Cap One secured card with a $500 limit. So it's my first "real" card in a long time. Only 2 CC apps in the last 2 years, the Cap One 1.5 years ago and coincidentally enough a denied WM card almost 2 years ago. Cost me 2 points on my TU report for the inquiry but I can live with that.

I'm sure you all know the feeling of another big step in credit rebuilding so I just wanted to share my excitement.
22 REPLIES 22
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart Approved

Congrats OP you are well on your way to credit success #
Message 2 of 23
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

And welcome to the Myfico family stick around for awhile , these are some great ppl and they have lots of knowledge to share !
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I second Aduke1122. Congrats and welcome!!

Message 4 of 23
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Congrats...in a short time it will be 3500.

Message 5 of 23
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats! It's great that you have limited your apps!  Slow and Easy does it! 

Congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval.

Call the backdoor number and ask for a CLI, ask for 10K, and they should counter. It is a SP, so there is no harm in asking! Let's get that $600 limit even higher! 

Wal-Mart: 800-480-0205 (personal accounts) <---- This is the number I called to get my CLI from 1K to 4K in November '16 when I was approved for the card.
Wal-Mart Underwriting: 877-294-7548; 877-294-8770

Again, congratulations! 

Message 7 of 23
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Congrats on the card, this store card will grow with you.
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
First post, been working on rebuilding my credit over the past 2 years. I have found some of the personal credit rebuilding stories here extremely useful so I hope to be able to contribute some information. I will post my own in time but I wanted to share my Walmart CC approval.

Got approved today with 630 TU score for a $600 limit. Only other card I have is a Cap One secured card with a $500 limit. So it's my first "real" card in a long time. Only 2 CC apps in the last 2 years, the Cap One 1.5 years ago and coincidentally enough a denied WM card almost 2 years ago. Cost me 2 points on my TU report for the inquiry but I can live with that.

I'm sure you all know the feeling of another big step in credit rebuilding so I just wanted to share my excitement.

Congrats and welcome to the forum.  We share your excitement and look forward to hearing about your future successes.  I started off with a $150 limit and it has grown to $6k.  Walmart seems to have tiers in regards to giving CLIs, so I would wait maybe 4 months, see where your score is and if they haven't given you an auto increase, then if your score it closer to 650-660, then I would request an increase.

Message 9 of 23
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.