Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI - $100 > $500

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart CLI - $100 > $500

I was approved for Walmart Store Card in December, 2017 with $200 CLI. I always carried a balance on it, usually $150+ and on 19 December, 2018 I received a letter from synchrony bank saying that my limit was decreased to $100 Smiley Sad

At the time of limit decrease, I had a balance of $178/100 on it!!! I immediately paid in full, swiped the card couple times for $80 - $90 and paid in full every time. I tried hitting the luv button 10+ times in last 2 months, but no luck. Just tried again, requesting $1000 & got this message:

We are unable to grant the full amount that you requested;
however, we are able to increase your credit limit to $500.00.

Your increased credit limit is available for immediate use.

You will receive a confirmation letter in 7-10 business days.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Walmart CLI - $100 > $500

Congratulations on your increase 

Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy Im suprised they wont give you more on your score but im guessing its the excessive inquiries holding you back. Enjoy the increaseSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You can ask again in 4 months, so mark your calendar 

Message 4 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

You can ask again in 4 months, so mark your calendar 

And just in time too before they make that tranisition over to CapOne and make it harder to get any CLI from them.

Congrats OP on your CLI!

Message 5 of 10
FlaDude
Established Contributor

If at first you don't succeed ...

Congrats on the increase.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were going through bad financial situation for past 1.5 years, my utilization has been 95%+ on every single card but managed to pay the minimum payment on-time and never late. Today, I am at 25% utilization with $7000 overall CL. Also opened joint checking account with synchrony bank last month.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI !!!

Message 8 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! That’s good progress!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. DH and I have been working to get our credit utilization between 10-15%. Also working on closing the annual fee cards (which won't ever grow). Already called Indigo this week, paid the $300 balance in full and requested to close the card immediately.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.