Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart CLI

I opened my Walmart card in November last year.  Through chat, I have gotten increases every month since February this year.  First was a $700 CLI to $1200. March was a $2,300 CLI to $3,500.  Just about 30 minutes ago, I got a $2,500 CLI for a grand total of 6K in available credit.

My reported balances have been all the way up to 86% util (that was when I got the first CLI) but lately they have been 10% or under.  I do let a balance report on this card monthly, but pay multiple times a month if needed to manage the util reported.  Today's CLI was with a reported 8% util after the last statement cut.

As always, synchrony can be a YMMV thing but I think it is also knowing the right questions to ask the agent.  They will always push you to use the online tool, but I always ask them to put it through for me.  To date I have had ZERO success with the luv button (tried several times), but 100% success through chat.

Message 11 of 26
8in2years
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Message 12 of 26
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rattler, what do you say to the chat agent?  DH has had his card since November and no luck with the luv button.  I would like to try chat for him.  Thanks!

edited to add:  Just tried it (haven't tried since mid March) and got this again:  We apologize for the inconvenience, but we cannot process a credit limit increase online for this account.

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

That happen to me , cli button not work for me , i ask for chat. 

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Rattler, what do you say to the chat agent?  DH has had his card since November and no luck with the luv button.  I would like to try chat for him.  Thanks!

edited to add:  Just tried it (haven't tried since mid March) and got this again:  We apologize for the inconvenience, but we cannot process a credit limit increase online for this account.

I let them know that I would like to make more use of the card and then I shoot high for the new CL I would like.  Their counter offer is usally pretty decent.  I do check my dates from the last request so there is at least a month in between.  Also, like I said above, I request they do it for me instead of letting them lead me to the online account option.

Do you use the card regularly mims?

Edited to Add - I also have an authorized user on my account who makes use of the card and pays it off just as I do, so maybe that helps with them seeing that I have 2 people sharing one CL and we manage it well.  I could be totally off in this assumption, but who knows?!?

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried via chat and he read this print to me about accounts are reviewed peridoically, etc etc...so should I try another chat?

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I went through chat.  They tried to push me to the button but I asked them to review it.  I said I don't have luck hitting buttons.  I told them I would be more prone to use the card if my limit were higher because I monitor my utiization and scores.  Old limit $1,200;  New limit is $3,500.  I asked for $5k and they met me in the middle.  In a few months, I will try it again.

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just tried via chat and he read this print to me about accounts are reviewed peridoically, etc etc...so should I try another chat?

I tried chat again, got it up from $1,100 to $3,500. I just received the card yesterday. Thanks!

Message 19 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@xangoboy wrote:
Thanks for responding everyone. Seems like 4 months is the magic number. I got a pre approval in the mail about 2 weeks ago. They've actually been hounding my for months and I put it off, because I wanted CareCredit instead. But I got declined for Care Credit last month, so figure to get my foot in the door with Sync, that I would apply for the Walmart Card.

I got instantly approved for $600, but called and got it raised to $4,000 (asked for $20k). Not bad, I go to Walmart every week and put Gas at Sam's Club frequently. So hopefully in 4 months I can grow the CL.

Grats on your CLI Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.