Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI

tag
aircobra
Regular Contributor

Walmart CLI

Since I got approve last week for the Marvel card, I decided to see how much love Synch wants to show me. Got approved for a $1500 increase. I have been happy with this card, in less than a year it has gone from $200 to $2500.

Any ideas as to when this might upgrade to the MC version? I heard that it won't be until the account has been a year old?

Currently rebuilding:
1/18 -
7/19 -

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Walmart CLI

CongratsSmiley Happy

Not sure of the upgrade in a year though, I have had the synchrony/walmart for well over a year and have not got the offer to upgrade.  It would be nice thoughSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the CLI. I have had the WM store card since 2011, never been offered the MC, even if they did I would decline it not interested in the new TL as it would not retain the original open date.

There appears to be no rhyme or reason to them offering the upgrade, some get it some dont and there is no set timeframe.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase!

As for the upgrade, I don’t know that I would expect one since the whole portfolio is going to Capital One in August. Just grab those CLIs where you can and brace for the Capital One takeover. 

Message 4 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on a good increase! Now scoot on over to Walmart lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI !!!!

Message 6 of 10
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the AWESOME CLI!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLI!. Almost four years and I've never been offered the upgrade. Like others, I don't want it either.

Message 8 of 10
aircobra
Regular Contributor

That's right, I forgot it would end up being a new TL. Guess I will just stick with getting as much luv from Synch before the changeover.

Currently rebuilding:
1/18 -
7/19 -

Message 9 of 10
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Nice!!! Your post motivated me to try. I had the card since 02/18 and requested a CLI over the phone and received an $800 increase for a total of $1000. Thanks for sharing... I clicked the luv button later in the day a couple times, but no double dip was given. Oh well...

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.