Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MC Approved...CLI Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart MC Approved...CLI Denied

I was approved for a Walmart MC last week and received it today. Of course while I was on the phone activating it, I requested a CLI and was flat out denied.  No counter offer, no nothing. Just a letter coming in the mail. I wonder if I asked too high? 

My SL is $1200 and I asked for a $6000 CLI. My TU is at 707 today.  

Any ideas? Am I moving too fast in you guys' & gals' opinion? Or do I need to go crashing in there with another offer?  (you know me...I will do it in a heartbeat)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart MC Approved...CLI Denied

Congrats on the approval. It seems that Sync is tightening the purse strings with the out of the gate CLI, but they are probably going to give you the "not enough experience at current credit limit" reason for awhile since your other cards have much lower CLs than 6K. It'll grow! I think it is just going to take a little time. 

Message 2 of 10
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Frontline CSR's when activating aren't too good when it comes to a CLI... .give this number a call instead and ask for $20K and they will counter with the highest possible amount at the time of the request.

877-379-8173

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feed back ya'll.

@austinguy907 wrote:

Frontline CSR's when activating aren't too good when it comes to a CLI... .give this number a call instead and ask for $20K and they will counter with the highest possible amount at the time of the request.

877-379-8173

Hey austinguy907, the number you referenced is the number I called. I love this number because it is he one I used to get my Walmart and Lowes 3-5 day notices turned into same day approvals.

I did get transfered to someone else for activation, then transfered again for CLI request. Maybe I didn't get beck to my sweet spot. Is there a record that I just called and requested?

Message 4 of 10
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I would call directly again just to make sure since when they bounce you around you might have ended up back in the US where they're stingy about CLI's.

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have noticed recently that those who get instant denial at opening of card, if you let a statement cut, usually there are better results second time around. I would buy something make a payment and after your payment registers, call CS again. I think, like Noxqs stated, with the purse strings being tightened, the wallet that goes inside can still be filledSmiley Happy ( they just gotta reach into the purse first lol)
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I have noticed recently that those who get instant denial at opening of card, if you let a statement cut, usually there are better results second time around. I would buy something make a payment and after your payment registers, call CS again. I think, like Noxqs stated, with the purse strings being tightened, the wallet that goes inside can still be filledSmiley Happy ( they just gotta reach into the purse first lol)

Point duly noted and well taken. I will implement that strategy on here. Thanks for the input all.

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good luck. Youve already did the hard part, getting the mastercard versionSmiley Happy. Your TU is nice and as that goes up so will this card. Hope you get it especially as its coming up for ChristmasSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Get!!!  Walmart MC comes in handy.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Gotta love Synch.

I still don't understand their logic in how they give out storecard/ bankcard. Sometimes they give high limit store cards while other times they give out low limit bankcards.

As others have said the Mastercard version should be pretty awesome, they seem to run deferred interest during the holidays. 

You also get that 1% cashback I believe on every purchase don't take my word, though, I have been out of the loop lately!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.