Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MC CLI $5000

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Walmart MC CLI $5000

After seeing a Walmart question posted elsewhere on the site. I decided to call up Synchrony overseas and request an increase. Since we have been primarily using Walmart Grocery pick up lately.The card is used weekly, where as before it was used once every 4 months or so. 

Limit was $10k started around $2k, I asked for $15k. Limit request was granted. I want to keep the reported usage of the card below 9%. With the higher limit its much easier to do that now, as I'm not an AZEO advocate.

$80k exposure with Synchrony before the increase. TU last Synchrony pull 783. I've had the card 1.6 years.

PSX_20180706_203753.jpg

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart MC CLI $5000

Congrats m8, i bet you could got more but then again u don't wanna deal with lexis nexis..

Message 2 of 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice rounded CLI there! Congrats to you Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 20
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Congrats GM Smiley Tongue just lock it there ..(if you know what i mean) Smiley LOL

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 4 of 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@peghede wrote:

Congrats m8, i bet you could got more but then again u don't wanna deal with lexis nexis..

Very true!😂

Yeah I'm trying to save some room for other cards with them in the future.

Never know when something worth while will be launched. Down the road I might close my Care Credit and PayPal. I want that 2% PayPal card, but can't have both. I was hoping they would PC it. Doesn't look like thats going to happen. lol

So far, they've treated me well. I do treat their CCs like Amex. PIF every month faithfully. No balance carrying with these guys.🤣

Message 5 of 20
peghede
Valued Contributor

yup me and m8 Ragin agree with your smart move, right Ragin?

Message 6 of 20
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

yup .... how many more names do i have peg send me a list Smiley Very Happy

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 7 of 20
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats G-man. Peghede's right--you have a strong enough TU score to have gotten $20k, but if $15k suits your needs--that's all that really matters. Hopefully ONE OF THESE DAYS my TU will finally crack 740 so I can hit Synch up on my 3 majors. $8k is the most they'll give me on each right now.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you.  I live across from a WalMart Marketplace.  I have a Sam's Club MC at $20k.  I chose that route after hearing sometimes WalMart does a CLD if you don't use your credit line.

The Sam's Club card can also be used at WalMart.  I have a $10k EBates and closed a $25k Lowes card.  I, for one, am done asking for Synchrony CLIs or new CCs from them.

Don't forget to checkout Great Value brand cheetos, jalapeno kettle cooked chips, salsa verde corn chips (for dipping) and even their store brand of Fritos.  Taste exactly the same as name brand to me.  I miss the days when WalMart had soda vending machines with Sam's Choice can cola for a quarter.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concerning that Plastc card, I prepaid for two of those.  Was so excited.  Kept getting emails postponing the date of its release.

I thought it was time to try and get a refund.  It was quick and simple.  Got my money refunded.  Months later the project went under.

There is an app for your smartphone called "Cardstar".  You can get rid of all those store loyalty cards from your key ring and the cashier can scan your phone at checkout.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.