Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MC (Sync) Strange Love!!!

tag
Jorgasm209
Valued Member

Walmart MC (Sync) Strange Love!!!

Hello all... so I was a little fidgety and bored today and decided to request a CLI on my newly opened Walmart Card via Chat today.  After stating my request, I was told via the chat I needed to call the 1-800 number to get a decicion on my request.  So I called the number she gave me (regular walmart customer service) and I gave her my reference number from the chat.  After all the standard verifications, she already had my CLI request. She asked my annual income and put me on hold.  She came back on after a few minutes and told me that she was going to transfer me to Credit Solutions to help me with my request.  

I thought, ok... that's a little strange, but agreed and she tranferred the call.  Again I was greeted by an obvious CS rep with a heavy accent, and she verified my CLI request that the previous rep must have given her.  She asked the standard income question and put me on hold for a decision.  Now here was the weird part... she came back on the line and explained that she needed to send me a verification code via text that I would need to read back to her to proceed.  I reluctantly aggreed, and sure enough a few seconds later my phone went off.  I read her the code, she said thank you... and put me on hold again.  2 minutes later, she came back and said congratulations, your request has been approved (full amount I requested... and I kicked myself for not requesting more as I must have left some on the table.)

Although the bouncing around and strange verification process was a little unsettling (hopefully no blue envelope is on the way), I am very happy with the progress of this card and limits, especially only putting a total of 1 transaction of $50 through the card 5 months ago...

Card History:

10/17/16 - Opened Initial Limit: $3,000

2/18/17 - Luv Button CLI > $8,000

4/5/17 - Chat/CS CLI > $20,000

Not bad for a less than 6 month old card Smiley Happy

New Total SYNC exposure $50,000

$20k Walmart

$30k Lowes.

FICO 8 as of 3/23/16 - EQ-717 EX-736 TU-724
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart MC (Sync) Strange Love!!!

Wow, your profile must be really good, on mobile cant see siggy, to get a starting 3k limit Smiley Wink. 6 months to 20k on a Wally is one of the best weve seen here. I know there are a few with 25k but these are far and in between.

Do you spend alot at Wally World? Is your card the store or MC because if you are sble to score a 20k Wally in 6 months id be suprised you didnt qualify for the MC. In my opinion, its just best to cut out middleman and just call Credit Solutions when requesting cli. If you got the heavy accents, thats the Overseas number that usually gets best results. Great job again and enjoySmiley Wink
Message 2 of 9
Jorgasm209
Valued Member

Thank you. This is the regular Mastercard. Only spend was $50 back in December... and I was technically late on that payment to due to a bank error.

Nothing to special to my profile. TU Fico 8 is currently 733, clean file except 2008 BK7. AAoA is 1.4 yr. Oldest 3.6 yr. Youngest 5 months. 8 INQ.

Just lucky I guess.. 😁

Message 3 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

The text verification is standard for Sync

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 9
Jorgasm209
Valued Member

Ahhh... Never had it happen before.

Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice, best thing is you got the MC at 20k, thats pretty sweetSmiley Happy. Thanks for sharingSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your awesome Walmart cli!
Message 7 of 9
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info and congrats!  Did not realize the Wally MC went up to 20k

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase!! They told me I have hit my ceiling at 10k....Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.