Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MC & PayPal 2% CB MC Approved!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart MC & PayPal 2% CB MC Approved!!

I just wanted to share my excitement! Thanks to reading and the help of you all here, I’m on my rebuild journey. I was bummed because I applied for the Amex BCE a week ago and got instantly denied. Decided to apply for the Walmart card and received a message to call within 48 hrs. Had to verify my identity and BAM..approved for the Walmart Mastercard, $1,400 SCL. Wanted to add another to my portfolio so I decided to apply for the PayPal 2% Cashback MC yesterday. Again, had to call to verify identity and approved for a $3,000 SCL.

I currently have OpenSky secured card with a $200 limit and First Progress secured card, also $200 limit (both only 3 months old). One car loan (no lates) with $15,000 balance and student loans (in good standing).

Both approvals pulled TU and my FICO is 731.

Possibly wanting to add one more before going off to the garden. I have been eyeing the Barclay Uber. Possibly Amazon Store Card as well. Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart MC & PayPal 2% CB MC Approved!!

Dont go for Barclays or bigger banks, your still in rebuilding mode. I would advise you go to Discover and if they approve you, then sit back and wait 6-8 months then you can start see doors opening for you.
Message 2 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

As someone else said, I would avoid Barclays at the moment and look for prequals for Disco or Amex. One more thing—people will disagree with me I’m sure, but oh well. I know they’re only three months old, but I would close down both those tiny-limit secured cards. You have much better cards now with higher limits. If you can get a Disco or Amex, even better because then you have the recommended “three cards.” 

Good luck!! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn’t go for the Amazon Store Card either for about 6 months. You just added two Synchrony accounts back to back, let those age up a bit. 

I would definitely try Disco though. 

Congrats!

Message 4 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the 2 new cards and I too concur on waiting for at least 6 months on any further Synch accounts Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thumbs up! nice Cl's!

Message 6 of 12
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! Those are nice limits. Have you checked any prequalification sites? Disco is a good one to look at. Also, what was AMEX’s reason for denial? It might give some insight on what other lenders to stay away from. I personally would wait another 6 months. You just got three hard pulls, and that’s enough for some lenders to deny.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approvals but I don't understand the situation I guess .why would synch open new accounts with Walmart with cap 1 fixing to take over?
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations on the approvals but I don't understand the situation I guess .why wouldsynchh open new accounts withWalmartt with cap 1 fixing to take over?

They still have a contract until X date that they need to fulfill. They probably negotiated a transition period because the client Walmart) does not want much downtime where people cannot get cards during the transition. Also iirc Cap11 buying the portfolio so there is incentive to continue to grow it to the very end. I’mm not suggestion Sync is losing standards or doing anything unethical)

I’m actually considering app’ing now before the transition to avoid two Cap1 policies. The triple pull and the 6 month rule. After my recent car shopping I’m inquiry sensitive now.Lol.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for helping me to understand .yea lol those car dealers are something else with inquiries
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.